extreme upgrade to get race frequencies?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies?

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 15:41 #12082

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Where do you get SERVICE TYPE 17? I have not seen them nubered anywhere (except inside the actual DB).

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 16:06 #12083

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Actually it is Business as the Service Type. My mind is in numerical mode since last night I went through and Identified what number corresponds to each state when you create a favorites list and what number corresponds to what Service Type when you create a favorites list.

These numbers stored in files is how the HP determines service types and states selected from the HP database. Its all transparent to the unconcerned user, its just us geeks that want to know so I can hopefully someday use Excel to create my favorties lists instead of Sentinel or the HP unit.

Sorry, I confused you.

Wayne.

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 16:12 #12084

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
What I thought. FWIW I think you can cut & paste into a fav. with Sentinel. Pretty sure you can with Arcsoft. I know you can with Arc for other scanners. I used to but find it just plain easier to use Sentinel.

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 16:17 #12085

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I agree for now Sentinel is the best way for me but I want to create an Excel sheet where I can cut & paste from the various databases then use excel to create the favorites list. Then I can just copy it to the SD card in the HP. Actually I could even write my own custom database .hpd file and copy it into the SD card and update the HPDB config file to contain it. As long as I give it a unique .hpd name it wont be erased or updated when I use Sentinel to update the database from time to time.

Whenever I get a new item with computer type features I tend to try to be creative and exploit as much as I can from them. Thats why I had to get the extreme upgrade, since I cant stand having hardware that I dont have access to all the features that are built in. Thats why Windows drives me crazy sometims :-)

Wayne.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds