extreme upgrade to get race frequencies?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies?

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 12:17 #12070

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
The service type for Racing Officials and Racing Frequencies when selected show up as On flages in your profile.config file in position 9 and 10 on the CustomServiceType line when looking at the Profile.config file with a text editor. You will not be able to select these service types on the HP unless they are coded that way in the database you have selected.

I do not think in the latest database there were any frequencies coded with these service types. I think someone had posted that they were coded as either transportation or business service types but the text name was racing related.

Wayne.

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 13:30 #12071

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
There are no racing entries in the DB. The service type was created for use in favorite lists.

No idea what you are really talking about:)

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 14:05 #12077

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Yes there are Racing frequencies and Speedway frequencies IN THE DATABASE.

They are listed for EXAMPLE: In the Indiana.hpd database file but the service type that is coded for the MANY SPEEDWAYS and RACING FREQUENCIES contained in the Databases are BUSINESS service #17.

So unless you choose SERVICE TYPE 17 on the Database type services to monitor they will never show up monitored on your HP.

Even the Indianapolis speedway is there. I would guess but I have not verified Texas motor speedway and Richmond Va Speedway is also there.

You just have to know what service it is coded as in the contained database in order to select it and monitor it.

Wayne.

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 14:23 #12079

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
If you select Florida as the database, there are many NASCAR channels listed (12 and more) all under the Business Service Types.

I imagine these frequencies would be used at all the NASCAR races.

Why they are coded as BUSINESS instead of Racing Frequencies I have no idea unless it was before the 2.0 upgrade when the added custom service types were available.

Wayne.

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 14:32 #12080

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Here is a link to listing of All of the 2013 Race frequencies on the Major Races.

You probably need to create a favorites list for these if you use them and use the Racing Service Types.

www.jayski.com/links/scanners.htm

Wayne.

Re: extreme upgrade to get race frequencies? 27 Jun 2013 15:40 #12081

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I always thought it meant racing as to teams, which they do not list and also change frequently. They are business in the RR db which is what feeds HP.

If it's a licensed business - it will be listed, that's how RR works. Whether it's correct is another thing, especially where it might have a description and not maintained, also some tracks will be listed under the business name and not so ovious.
Last Edit: 27 Jun 2013 15:45 by Ohio-user.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds