NASCAR Freqs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: NASCAR Freqs

NASCAR Freqs 18 Jan 2011 19:33 #4570

• Rob357
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I know this has been asked before, but I have researched this subject and here goes.
I live less than 4 NM from Daytona International Speedway. DIS/NASCAR uses the same Radio freqs all across the US when races are occurring or when there are events occurring at the tracks. They operate in the 450-464 Mhz band on FM, Analog and Digital. I can pick them up no problem from my house with my hand held scanner and my HAM HT. But the HP1 will not pick them up. I went to RR's website and they list ALL of the NASCAR Freqs including the drivers. I have an outside Discone antenna up at 30 ft connected to the HP1. Any suggestion. RR are you listening?

Thanks
Rob

Re:NASCAR Freqs 18 Jan 2011 21:44 #4573

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I'm guessing, but maybe it has to do with the location information.

If I were you I would put the NASCAR Freqs into a favorites list. This could be done in Sentinel. The favorite list has to be associated with a profile. I would set the favorite list to to have download on and location control set to no. Make sure that this profile has the appropriate service types selected for the NASCAR Freqs.

I would then write the database to HomePatrol which will load the favorite lists. On the scanner you can then select the favorite list instead of the entire database.

If this works it proves the HP-1 can pick up these freq.

Re:NASCAR Freqs 19 Jan 2011 18:40 #4589

• Rob357
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
UPDATE:
Ok, after looking at the entire database in HP1, I finally found the DIS/NASCAR freqs, They are listed under "BUSINESS". It even came up as Daytona Intl Speedway Fire/EMS.
I highlighted BUSINESS to scan, accepted it, and it loaded all of the channels. Everything is good now. Thanks for the advice.

Re:NASCAR Freqs 19 Jan 2011 21:18 #4592

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Glad it worked out.

Re:NASCAR Freqs 31 Jan 2011 11:05 #4747

• N2WNU
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I was at Daytona for the GrandAm Rolex24 this weekend. It seems that there was a change in the DCS code that they are using on the tower frequency so the scanner missed the large majority of the on track communications.

The central DB is great, it would be nice to be able to disable some of the tone codes through the local progam, rather than wait for the turn around on the main DB.

Re:NASCAR Freqs 31 Jan 2011 15:26 #4751

• Rob357
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I work for ISC/NASCAR and we were on the air for the 24 ROLEX, i had my HP1 with me and it picked up every channel we were using, no problems.
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2011 19:45 by Rob357.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds