GPD Officer Killed
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GPD Officer Killed

GPD Officer Killed 30 Sep 2010 02:02 #435

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Tonight I heard a Henry Co. Sheriffs Deputy call in a pedestrian hit and probable fatality and the vehicle left the scene. It turned out it was a Greenfield police officer from Hancock County. It was over two hours later I heard a bolo put out for the vehicle.

My thoughts and prayers to the officers family.

Re:GPD Officer Killed 30 Sep 2010 13:57 #452

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Patrolman Will Phillips was riding his bike with 2 other off duty officers on a training run around 12:30pm along US 40 just inside the Henry County line headed West back towards Greenfield when a Toyota struck him and did not stop. Police are still looking for the vehicle.

Re:GPD Officer Killed 05 Oct 2010 01:19 #722

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Driver Arrested.

The driver who admits hitting and killing Oficer Will Phillips turned herself into the Henry Co prosecutor on Monday. She alledges one of her 3 children distracted her and she turned around to deal with the child when she struck the officer. She claims she never saw a thing, yet a driver on the other side of the road said she saw the 3 officers all lit up and in reflective clothing. The sadest part of this is the 61 year old woman is a "critical care nurse"! And yet she still waited all weekend to turn herself in. Bail was set at $2,500 Thats not an error, $2,500!

Officer Will Phillips funeral is today at Greenfield Central High School and they expect 2,000 police officers to attend.

Re:GPD Officer Killed 07 Oct 2010 18:56 #1032

• winstonandmike
  • ( Visitor )
I'm guessing it was one of her grandchildren if she's 61. Too bad she didn't stop. Being a critical care nurse might have helped save him.

Re:GPD Officer Killed 07 Oct 2010 19:08 #1033

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Nope, it's HER kids!
The funeral was Tuesday, it would have been officer Phillips 33rd birthday :(

I knew Officer Phillips, he was always in a great mood when I saw him, even on the toughest of days. Some kids in town made a chalk mural on the side of a building and it surprised the cities residents how much he affected the kids in 4 short years he was on the force.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds