What is source of Airshow information?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is source of Airshow information?

What is source of Airshow information? 12 Aug 2010 16:46 #156

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I am a huge airshow fan. I have posted an 'airshow' .usd file that is based on Monitoring Times Airshow article. Last time I looked, it had a couple of hundred downloads.

...anyway, when I'm at a show, I am ususally scanning...

Base field/airport frequencies
Base ground / known ground frequencies
Mutual aid frequencies / local law enforcement
Monitoring Times Airshow Frequencies
- Blue Angels / Thunderbird air & ground
Itinerants
Civial Air Patrol
ISR
Found frequencies from last year.

Anyway, where is the HP-1 going to pull all of this data from? I haven't seen RR.com db entries for much of what I listed above.

Re:What is source of Airshow information? 16 Aug 2010 02:11 #184

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
I know for the Indy Air Show some frequencies are listed from 2006 under Hancock County, Mt Comfort Airport in RR and in Sentinel. I think the best way to handle airshow type frequencies should be similar and put under the airport where they are held. Granted many of Mt Comforts regular frequencies are used as it's a "small" airport but it seems the easiest way to do it.
With the Indy Airshow you need to also listen to:
Hancock County Sheriff
Hancock County Fire
SAFET - ISP, Hancock Co Ops channels, ISP 52 Special Ops, ISP Ops
MECA - System 1 TAC (MECA comm unit is on site, at least 1 system 1 TAC is patched to SAFET TAC as well for interoperability as IMPD, MCSD assist Hancock Co Sheriff and ISP as well as a number of other departments with traffic flow/control.
As for air channels all from Mt Comfort are used, as are Indianapolis Airport and even some from Shelbyville NG choppers.
There is a lot to monitor and it really takes 3 or 4 scanners to get the most out of it. I cheat, I sit at home 3 miles away and see most of it and hear all of it. When the Blue Angels o Thunderbirds are at the airshow they fly right over my house so I get some nice photos of them :)
I know the Louisville air show frequencies are also in the DB too.

Re:What is source of Airshow information? 09 Feb 2011 06:17 #4855

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
where is the HP-1 going to pull all of this data from? I haven't seen RR.com db entries for much of what I listed above

From your own favorites list you create with third-party programming software. I highly doubt this info will be easily accessible through the RR database anytime soon if ever.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2011 06:18 by st-bob.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds