Channel priority settings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Channel priority settings

Re: Channel priority settings 03 May 2013 13:00 #11608

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Never going to happen - no firmware in the world is going to add the 2nd tuner needed to do this. There have been numerous posts on this same non-issue.

Re: Channel priority settings 03 May 2013 13:27 #11609

• brianminkc
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
To give priority to a channel you do not need a 2nd tuner. If you can't understand the technology maybe you should eat a sandwich instead of making a comment on the topic.

Re: Channel priority settings 03 May 2013 13:50 #11610

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Upmans response www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=110&id=9742&limit=6&limitstart=6&Itemid=27#9779

Again without a 2nd VFO - priority is a total, interrupting waste. If you need priority, use a 2nd radio :)
Last Edit: 03 May 2013 13:50 by Ohio-user.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEP

Re: Channel priority settings 03 May 2013 18:07 #11617

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course i did not think I had to explain in detail but thanks for doing so, The REASON I have Priority turned off in my scanners is because of the constant interruption to 'check the channel' since with only one receiver that is the way the scanner determines if there is a Priority transmission.

There are any number of threads on the forums on rr.com asking "what is wrong with my scanner?" something keeps interupting stuff I am listening to? The answer almost always is "you have priority turned on" since your scanner only has a single channel it can receive at one time that is how it works.

For myself, don't need or want that and so the lack of that "feature" in the HP-1 is not a problem to me at all.

Re: Channel priority settings 08 Dec 2013 00:54 #12924

• mcdobber
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Being able to set your favorite channels using a "Priority Setting" would be a nice feature to add. Hopefully the next firmware update will have this.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds