Linked Favorite Lists & Other Suggestions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Linked Favorite Lists & Other Suggestions

Linked Favorite Lists & Other Suggestions 23 Nov 2010 16:50 #3272

• Somebody
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
The Home Patrol is an awesome and revolutionary product. Still, it's annoying that I can't simply link multiple individual favorite lists together into a larger favorite list. For example, I created individual favorite lists (via Sentinel) for each city in my county so they can be scanned individually. But in order to create a favorite list that would scan the entire county, I can't create a county favorite list by simply linking the county list to each individual city list. Instead I must manually add every city from the data base into the county list, thus duplicating the effort it took to create each individual city list. (If there IS a way to do this, it sure ain't in the manual or help!)

It is also annoying that Sentinel won't let you add frequencies that are NOT in the data base to favorite lists. I can't scan several local frequencies because they're not in the data base. And I wish the actual displayed frequency was MUCH larger on the screen.

How about a dedicated EXTERNAL SPEAKER jack? The earphone jack's impedance is incompatible with a normal 8 ohm external speaker; the resultant speaker volume is way too low.

How about a larger, ACCURATE signal strength meter calibrated in S units, not just a few tiny measly "bars"? I appreciate that the HP is designed for portability, but a LARGE "base unit" HP version with real volume and squelch knobs would be nice.

Finally, how about a PRIORITY channel function?
Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010 17:00 by Somebody.

Re:Linked Favorite Lists & Other Suggestions 23 Nov 2010 23:09 #3283

• Docwatson431
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Try using ARC Patrol from Butel. It will let you enter any freq you want and edit alpha and geo tags. I think if you played around with the software it would let you program favorites the way you want to. Butel will let you try the software for 7 days or you can purchase the full program for $30.00.

I am really hoping that Uniden will provide some advanced features in a future firmware update that includes PRIORITY.

Re:Linked Favorite Lists & Other Suggestions 01 Jan 2011 10:57 #4219

• NoahK
  • ( Visitor )
Priority is something I do miss. I hope the add it soon!

I also would like to ask for the ability to turn off the screen completley for when I listen at night while sleeping. Even at the lowest contrast settings it still is bright!

Re:Linked Favorite Lists & Other Suggestions 10 Jan 2011 10:29 #4394

• Docwatson431
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Somebody wrote:
The Home Patrol is an awesome and revolutionary product. Still, it's annoying that I can't simply link multiple individual favorite lists together into a larger favorite list. For example, I created individual favorite lists (via Sentinel) for each city in my county so they can be scanned individually. But in order to create a favorite list that would scan the entire county, I can't create a county favorite list by simply linking the county list to each individual city list. Instead I must manually add every city from the data base into the county list, thus duplicating the effort it took to create each individual city list. (If there IS a way to do this, it sure ain't in the manual or help!)

It is also annoying that Sentinel won't let you add frequencies that are NOT in the data base to favorite lists. I can't scan several local frequencies because they're not in the data base. And I wish the actual displayed frequency was MUCH larger on the screen.

How about a dedicated EXTERNAL SPEAKER jack? The earphone jack's impedance is incompatible with a normal 8 ohm external speaker; the resultant speaker volume is way too low.

How about a larger, ACCURATE signal strength meter calibrated in S units, not just a few tiny measly "bars"? I appreciate that the HP is designed for portability, but a LARGE "base unit" HP version with real volume and squelch knobs would be nice.

Finally, how about a PRIORITY channel function?

You got it I could not agree more. This unit needs PRIORITY !!. Try ARC Patrol it will allow you to add any freq within the range of the HP and allow you to easily make favorite lists.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds