• Page:

TOPIC: Tone Display

Tone Display 13 Mar 2011 09:46 #5248

• NS3K
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I,m not sure this has been mentioned before but I would like to see the current CTCSS or DCS tone displayed on the screen during a transmission or blank if none is being used.

Jim, NS3K

Re:Tone Display 13 Mar 2011 11:32 #5250

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Frequencies which use CTCSS or DCS are already programmed into the database. If you click on the info button on the bottom line's sub-menu you can scroll the screen and see what it's set for.

If the transmission does not use a tone or uses a different ton but is on a frequency that the HP-1 has in its database with a tone you won't hear anything - that's what CTCSS/DCS is for; selective squelch. If the tone is preprogrammed and the one that's transmitting doesn't have any tone or sends the wrong one nothing happens. That's the way it's supposed to work.

I can see an advantage to having it on the quick frequency entry page though - that would help you identify new stuff where you suspect you know the frequency but don't know the tone.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:Tone Display 12 Apr 2011 10:48 #5607

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Does the HP-1 invoke CTCSS or DCS if you enter(or RRDB includes)a code or tone frequency?
If so, and there is no code or tone frequency in the DB entry you hear all transmissions?
Still learning and enjoying this one.
Ham OP since 1981

Re:Tone Display 12 Apr 2011 10:53 #5608

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Yes and Yes!

Re:Tone Display 12 Apr 2011 21:42 #5620

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I said it. ;)
www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=13&func=view&id=5546&catid=25

I have a similar request. But I would like CSQ to only break squelch on transmissions without tone. Otherwise CSQ is a 'wildcard' that ultimately renders other entries with tones irrelevant.

Re:Tone Display 16 Apr 2011 04:13 #5645

• Docwatson431
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
NS3K wrote:
I,m not sure this has been mentioned before but I would like to see the current CTCSS or DCS tone displayed on the screen during a transmission or blank if none is being used.

Jim, NS3K

I would agree with Jim. I don't want to push a button to see the tone information, It should be on the screen. Taping touch screens does not work so well when you are driving.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds