Why the Confirmation On Battery Charging?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why the Confirmation On Battery Charging?

Why the Confirmation On Battery Charging? 16 Jan 2012 03:38 #8618

• feinstei
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry if this has been complained about before....

Why the confirmation to charge the battery? If I plug the scanner in, then it should assume that I want the battery charged! The badly written software asks too many questions. Also, the scanner should REMEMBER what you want the "Off" mode to be. Put it into one of the menus idiots! Why put up this big long diatribe every time I press-and-hold the Off button> Just let the user select what his desired OFF mode is going to be and remember it!

Re: Why the Confirmation On Battery Charging? 16 Jan 2012 04:39 #8619

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
feinstei wrote:

Why the confirmation to charge the battery? If I plug the scanner in, then it should assume that I want the battery charged! The badly written software asks too many questions. Also, the scanner should REMEMBER what you want the "Off" mode to be. Put it into one of the menus idiots! Why put up this big long diatribe every time I press-and-hold the Off button> Just let the user select what his desired OFF mode is going to be and remember it!

Why the confirmation to charge the battery? Yes, it has been covered before. It's so you won't overcharge the batteries. If you've gone through a 14 hour charge cycle, unplug for an hour and plug it back in, you may NOT want to charge it again. Yes, the internal charger isn't as smart as we'd like, but it's a heck of a lot better than some I've seen..

"Also, the scanner should REMEMBER what you want the "Off" mode to be." It will - Menu-->Advanced Menu (Scroll down to bottom page)-->Standby Options. Set it to ALL OFF.. press the power off and it will shut off in about 5 seconds without any strain on your fingers. Note that these settings can also be made in Sentinel in the Profile editor... I think the Uniden "idiots" pretty well covered it. It might help your blood pressure to read a little more and rant a little less...
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2012 04:50 by OCO.

Re: Why the Confirmation On Battery Charging? 17 Jan 2012 00:06 #8634

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
feinstei wrote:

Why the confirmation to charge the battery? If I plug the scanner in, then it should assume that I want the battery charged!

If you ever take your HP1 camping and you're using non-rechargeable batteries, then you'll appreciate being able to tell the unit to not recharge your non-chargeable batteries when you get back to civilization.

Or, you have one of the fancy battery chargers and you charge your batteries externally rather than trusting the built in charger.

Lot's of reasons for Uniden to give you a choice.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds