NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference

NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference 20 Sep 2010 02:26 #302

• DSRS WX4ADX
  • ( Visitor )
First, Congratulations to Uniden on the design of what we all KNOW will be an incredible radio scanner!

I spoke about the HomePatrol in detail tonight (in an educational presentation) on my NEW D-STAR Radio Scanning Net (DSRS).

If you are an Amateur Radio Operator with D-STAR (Digital Amateur Radio Capabilities) please join us on Sunday Evening's at 10:30 PM Eastern, 7:30 PM Pacific, on Reflector 12C (PAPA) which is based in Southern California, for the weekly DSRS Radio Scanning Net.

If you are a Scanner Enthusiast, please join us on Sunday Evening at 10:30 PM Eastern,
7:30 PM Pacific, via RadioReference. Live Audio: California, Los Angeles, System 12 PAPA. The Net will be highlighted in bold red letters as "LIVE Radio Scanning Net ON THE AIR".

The goal of this Net is to bring radio scanning enthusiasts into the Amateur Radio Hobby thru D-STAR and have those who have a passion for radio scanning, participate on the Net.

As Founder of DSRS, I am looking for scanner enthusiasts who are Amateur Radio Operators with D-STAR Capabilities to serve as Net Control as well as others to make radio scanning based educational presentations.

I made an education presentation tonight on the NEW Uniden HomePatrol, based on what information I found on www.homepatrol.com and thru information contained in the online Owners Manual.

A little about me...I have been in the radio scanning hobby for 35 years and started with a a Bearcat IV.

Additionally, in 1997, I founded the first radio scanning hobbyist group dedicated to TrunkTracking (G.O.T.T.E.M.) here in Orlando, Florida.

Thru DSRS, I hope to re-create the excitement of "radio scanning" once again, with the HomePatrol, now that programming is not an issue.

I have programmed hundreds of Uniden 235, 895, 245 and 396's for Central Florida Resident's over the years, and now that I will not have to program as much; in my free time, my new goal is to re-stimulate people's interest in the radio scanning hobby thru the DSRS Net.

Please pass the word regarding this net.

I hope to place my "soon to be ordered" HomePatrol on RadioReference here in Orlando, in the weeks ahead.

7 3 (Best Regards)

Joe in Orlando, Florida
Amateur Radio Callsign: WX4ADX
Founder: G.O.T.T.E.M. & DSRS

Uniden BCD396XT
Uniden BCD996XT
Motorola APX7000
Attachments:
Last Edit: 20 Sep 2010 02:28 by .

Re: NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference 17 Jan 2012 21:49 #8665

• N1ASS
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hi from Bill
Is the home patrol 1 capable of receiving the Icom D-star???????
WARNING! Using Ham Radio will seriously affect your relationship with your XYL. This is because you will want to spend more time in the shack with Ham Radio than you will want to spend with the XYL.Bill / N1ASS.

Re: NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference 17 Jan 2012 22:00 #8666

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
No IT does NOT receive those digital emmissions named D-Star, sorry to let you know that info!
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!

Re: NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference 17 Jan 2012 22:08 #8667

• N1ASS
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hi from Bill
Thank you,73............Bill / N1ASS.
WARNING! Using Ham Radio will seriously affect your relationship with your XYL. This is because you will want to spend more time in the shack with Ham Radio than you will want to spend with the XYL.Bill / N1ASS.

Re: NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference 19 Jan 2012 04:55 #8702

• HauseMan
  • ( Visitor )
Would be nice to have both D-STAR, IDAS, and NXDN formats in the HP !

Re: NEW "Radio Scanning" D-STAR Net On RadioReference 22 Jan 2012 14:20 #8753

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
You'll probably need to wait for the HP-2.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds