Webcasting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Webcasting

Webcasting 04 Oct 2010 14:24 #679

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Paul I'm curious as to whether the Home Patrol supports a virtual display which could be used by an audio streaming program to relay Alpha Tags along with the broadcast?

Similar to what's done now on many RR Live Audio streams.

I haven't seen anything related to this feature anywhere yet.

Thanks,

Re:Webcasting 04 Oct 2010 14:31 #680

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Not at this time...

Re:Webcasting 04 Oct 2010 14:40 #681

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Paul.

I didn't suspect it would as it's not aimed at the type of people that would normally do Live Audio broadcasting but thought I would check.

Re:Webcasting 11 Oct 2010 15:03 #1338

• EricCBoston
  • ( Visitor )
Hello,

I was able to use K1PGV's ScannerCast with the Home Patrol. I was able to use Winamp to listen and get the tags no problem.

I set the gps baud rate on the HomePatrol to 115200 and connected the serial port of the computer to the GPS port of the Home Patrol. I followed the steps to configure ScannerCast for a Uniden 996. Set the Control Speed (baud rate) to 115200.

The only problem is some of the tags coming from the HomePatrol are too big. The ScannerCast program will display an error message about the metadata size is too big and close. Reducing the amount of information sent in the tags seems to improve the situation, like selecting Group + Channel instead of System + Group + Channel.

73 Eric
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds