(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: mil air shows and local a f base

mil air shows and local a f base 03 Dec 2010 01:59 #3409

• 1stcavvietnam
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • God Bless America
hi everyone,just got my hp-1.i go to airshows whenever possible.geneseo and niagara falls air force base.i plan to travel to other away places.i hope to go to nia falls base soon and put the hp-i thru several test.right now we have a snow storm and the radio won't slow down,non stop n.y.s.p.sheriff and local police radio activity
i love radio and being retired

Re:mil air shows and local a f base 11 Jan 2011 09:30 #4420

• wheelerg
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I to go to Geneseo and have found that scanning that show is amazing, i am waiting for my HP to arrive in the next week or so, i have bought ARC software so i can program the airshow frq's into it with no delay. Will be hitting Geneseo again this year but for the first time will most likely camp in an RV at the air strip.:woohoo:

Re:mil air shows and local a f base 16 Jan 2011 14:56 #4525

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Yes; make sure you get a third-party software app like ARC-Patrol as the included HomePatrol Sentinel is not designed to allow manual frequency entry and it's likely that many if not all frequencies used during the airshow will NOT be in the built-in database.

If you know what frequencies and tones etc will be used, it's easy to create a new SYSTEM or DEPARTMENT with ARC-Patrol and put all the airshow channels in there. Save it as a new favorite and select it when you go to the airshow.

Another thing that comes with ARC-Patrol is some sample band-scanning databases you can load as favorites. They contain all the frequencies in a particular band and allow you to scan the whole range of frequencies (albeit slowly) for active channels. The HP-1 has no facility for doing this out of the box. Do not despair though; even though it was designed for the first-time scanner newbie, it can be tweaked to do nearly anything and we're hoping Uniden will someday add even more advanced features for scanner-buffs to get even more out of it.

Color me impressed after only 8 days of ownership.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:mil air shows and local a f base 17 Jan 2011 08:13 #4533

• wheelerg
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thats great to hear about the ARC software.....that should make things work even smoother...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds