• Page:

TOPIC: GRE SUPERAMP

GRE SUPERAMP 19 Jan 2013 00:37 #10889

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Like to give a review on the GRE SUPERAMP.
I have read a lot about preamps and seen good and bad reviews. I just installed the super-amp and right from the get go started picking up stations that I have not heard before and stations that I was getting very weak signals from now come in loud and clear. I must say that I live 35 miles from a major city and that’s what I mostly listen to, plus my home town, I have had no problem with over load even from the home town radios. The only thing that keeps me from given it a A+ is that installing the 9 volt battery is a pain in the butt.

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 19 Jan 2013 22:19 #10893

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Why would you do that on the Uniden Home Patrol board owned and provided by Uniden, a scanner maker that competes with GRE?

This board seems to be devoted to the HP-1. Are you using the GRE preamp with the HP-1?

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 19 Jan 2013 22:49 #10894

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
That I am. An amp is an amp is an amp. I am not a purest if it works I don't care what or who it comes from as long as it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smokkeyy

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 20 Jan 2013 15:37 #10897

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
The OP doesn't say a word about using it with the HP-1 until I asked that specific Question. He merely states his purpose is to "review the GRE preamp".

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 20 Jan 2013 19:06 #10898

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Yes I use it on the homepatrol and a pro-95 I would venture to quess that was a given. I have seen questions on the board about pre-amps and though I’d post my results with a review, not giving free advertizements for gre. Chauffeur6 thanks for understanding from where I was coming from. Lep I also understand you loyalty to Uniden but I feel that there is more to the hobby then just listening to the scanner. A big part for me is to fine tune the system I have to be as perfect as can be with the funds that I have to make it such.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PUYSCAN

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 20 Jan 2013 19:53 #10899

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree there should be more than 'listening.' I am surprised by two things: 1. that you didn't post this "review" on rr.com and/or on a yahoo group devoted to the Hp-1 or the Pro-95.
2. I am surprised that you found the HP-1 to need a preamp.
My limited experience with one of my HP-1 fed by my Stridsburg MC is that I sometimes need to turn on the bulit in ATTEN! My other HP-1 uses a Diamond SRH 805 1.5 inch long SMA antenna and easily copies the 800 MHz MOT P-25trunking system in the next county so a preamp would be useful.

Oh,while I like UNIDEN scanners and do own 7 of them at the moment, I have other brands (including GRE).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds