• Page:

TOPIC: GRE SUPERAMP

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 20 Jan 2013 23:29 #10903

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Lep, the 2 reasons I don't post there is because I never went on them sites. This site is the only one I come to for advise and to see whats going on in the world of homepatrol. I had bought the homepatrol just about a month ago and had it hooked up to a discone antenna in the attic but I wanted to improve on it so I got a antenncraft st2 that I installed on a porch that is 10' off the ground and attached to a 8' mast, my elevation above sea level is approx 50' I plan to roof mount it this spring. Even with this configuration I still was not receiving the station I wanted (The Boston Water and Sewer) I use to work there and know a lot of people there, there 35 miles from where I live. With the preamp I now receive them during the day with 2 bars, before I could not pick them up at all. I have never played with the ATTEN but I’ll give that a shot. As far as the preamp I figured for $35.00 why not give it a try. Well it sounds like your really into scanning so may I ask you a question? If I were to phase the discone and ST-2 to the homepatrol do you see any benefit?

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 21 Jan 2013 04:59 #10904

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
When the HP-1 first came out in 2010 this site had a LOT of questions and answers. Now with the passage of time there is less 'action' here than at first. UPMAN answers questions here of course but he is just as often on forums on: www.radioreference.com where there are dozens of subjects covered. One of my outdoor antennas is a Diamond discone, another is a vertically polarized yagi for 800 MHz fixed pointed at the nearest big city to me. I am an RF engineer but antennas were never one of my strong points in College! I have a BCD996XT running under ProScan and logging the RSSI which is much more accurate at measuring the received signal strength than the HP-1 "bars" (reminds me of my cell phone! I'm not really trying to "DX" outlying stations so have not tried to tie together any outdoor aerials. I guess the real question would be what are you trying to receive that you can't receive now? With my present setup I hear everything I want to so in my own case I don't really need anything additional.

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 21 Jan 2013 15:34 #10907

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Uniden has no problem with reviews of competitive products (or even valid criticism of our own products). This site is intended to be for free and fair discussions of all things related to HomePatrol-1 (even positive or negative comparisons against competitive products or use of 3rd-party accessories that might be made by competitors).

Carry on.
Last Edit: 21 Jan 2013 15:34 by UPMan.

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 16 Feb 2013 06:59 #11147

• Lewellyn26
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same problem. How can I get a hold of one?

Re: GRE SUPERAMP 16 Feb 2013 17:00 #11148

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
www.grove-ent.com/PRE01.html

here is the is: The GRE Super Amplifier has 20-dB (adjustable) gain from 30-1000 MHz. BNC connectors allow the unit to be mounted between the scanner and the antenna; a bypass switch permits the unit to be disabled without having to remove it. A 9-volt battery (not supplied) will provide up to 24 hours of continuous operation; a convenient external power jack permits the unit to be used continuously from a 9V- min 100mA DC wall adaptor (not supplied).

Improved reception for scanners with the Close Call function

Make sure you get the power supply saves a lot of batterys
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds