Outside antennas
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Outside antennas

Re:Outside antennas 20 Oct 2010 21:56 #2063

• Shell
  • ( Visitor )
Hahaa You're too funny, John! Very fortunately, my neighbors don't mind the antennas. They know what I use them for and are just fine with them. Also, we have a whole house generator and it REALLY comes in handy for our small neighborhood! Whenever some drunk driver or someone driving too fast takes out one of the poles on the street which carries the overhead lines which feed to our underground electric service, we lose our electricity - often for 8-10 hours if the pole was broken. So everyone knows our doors are open for them to come over and stay warm or cool until the electric comes back on. And, if it's something more serious, they can bring their food to put in the fridge and/or freezer - we keep an extra refigerator and freezer in the basement just for "neighborhood emergencies" (We've had some great parties while waiting for the electric to come back on! LOL)

Shell

P.S. A total of 20 radios? Good lord! I have a hard time keeping up with 2 or 3 at a time - I couldn't possibly follow 20! That's amazing!
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2010 22:11 by .

Re:Outside antennas 20 Oct 2010 22:16 #2068

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Former dispatcher, you learn to pick out the good stuff :) lol

Re:Outside antennas 25 Mar 2011 17:12 #5443

• darticus
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Where are you located? I'm also in North West NJ (Sparta)and using the HP. I ordered a diamond srh77ca antenna to help reception but didn't get it as yet. Thinking of putting up a antenna on the roof or Attic. Maybe you can suggest an antenna or attic or rooftop install. I'm kinda new to this. Ron

UltraClassic wrote:
I have my HP-1, along with 5 other scanners, connected to a roof-mounted ST-2 antenna with an old GRE Super Amplifier 3001 in-line between the radios and the antenna. I live in northern NJ in a valley about 30 miles northwest of NYC and can hear most of the northern third of NJ. I can also hear all of NYC, Orange, Rockland, Westchester, and Putnam counties in NY. Because of my physical location my older Unidens usually go deaf once I turn off the amp but not my HP-1.

I must admit I've never used my HP-1 with the supplied antenna!

Re:Outside antennas 26 Mar 2012 00:36 #9273

• jgiven1
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just purchased a hp-1 and love it. I got a st2 thats up about 20ft. right now and works really good. I can pick up siginals 60 to 70 mile away easy. very good set up. I live in the benton Co. Mo. Area on truman lake
Last Edit: 26 Mar 2012 00:37 by jgiven1.

Re:Outside antennas 19 May 2014 04:27 #13814

• ke4ah
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am using an Antennacraft antenna with a Ramsey pre-amp inline. For the price, you can't beat it. Right now, I am hearing the Birmingham Al Trunking system. Both analog and digital. However, there is a band opening allowing me to hear them. I plan to upgrade to the Ferrite antenna and LMR400 coax. I have to get these items in steps due to being a disabled Police Officer on a fixed income but, it will happen:)

Alan - KE4AH
Haleyville, AL
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds