Antennae for Air Traffic Control facilities.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Antennae for Air Traffic Control facilities.

Antennae for Air Traffic Control facilities. 11 Dec 2010 16:03 #3597

• JimG
  • ( Visitor )
Antennae used by Air Traffic Control facilities are not necessarily co-located with the air traffic control facility. I do not know if the Radio Reference database used by Home Patrol includes the locations of the antennae and the frequencies that might be used. If the database in the HomePatrol radio had the location of the antennae and frequencies, then monitoring ATC by location would be easier. Tower antennae are close to the airport. Terminal control facility antennae can be farther out. En-route antennae can be quite a distance from the control facility.
Any insights?

Re:Antennae for Air Traffic Control facilities. 12 Dec 2010 09:22 #3612

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Several years ago I requested from FAA some data on a JAX ATC remote that was located nearby to my location. They denied the request stating, I am paraphrasing, "this is sensitive information and has homeland security implications as knowledge of these details could aide in damaging our ATC infrastructure...."

LEP

Re:Antennae for Air Traffic Control facilities. 13 Apr 2015 01:57 #15255

• Scanner_Steve
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jim,

Yeah, LEP is correct. This is a major homeland security issue these days. Pilots use WAC charts (although I do not know much about them). You may be able to do a search online for one. These will at least list some of the VORs, directional equipment, airspace class types, ARTC region and such. As always, use a really good antenna specifically designed for the aircraft band for the best reception.

Steve
http://howtobuyapolicescanner.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds