What info is HP giving
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: What info is HP giving

Re:What info is HP giving 19 May 2011 16:18 #5901

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
The data contained in the HP-1's database comes from RadioReference.com and is almost all user-contributed. If you find errors or omissions in the HP-1's database you should log onto the RadioReference.com web site. Go to the Database tab and navigate to the area of the state and county of concern then use the "Submit" button to contribute your updated information to the database for inclusion in Uniden's copy. Please add as much pertinent information as required to fully describe the problem and the corrective action.

While you're at it, as a personal appeal from me, you could verify and correct the geotag information for center point and intended radius of coverage (range) for systems in your area with which you're familiar. This is a monumental task and we HP-1 users will be the first to benefit from any corrections/improvements.

It's all user-contributed. So CONTRIBUTE!
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:What info is HP giving 19 May 2011 16:25 #5902

• darticus
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks will do. Ron

Re:What info is HP giving 23 May 2011 16:27 #5932

• darticus
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
I send it in but they rejected it. Maybe I didn't explain it right.
Your submission #114732 was rejected by K2YYN for the following reason:

>>> Darticus, Please check with the RR forum on the HP-1, submitt yor question
here. Sorry, I am not that well aquanited with all it's bells and whistles.

This is what I put.

I found Butler in Morris County NJ giving info for the Dover fire department and should be listed under Dover not under Butler 46.42. This comes up under Butler on the HP but the info is for Dover. Maybe its for Dover and Butler but they always DISPATCH Dover. What should I do? Thanks Ron
Last Edit: 23 May 2011 16:31 by darticus.

Re:What info is HP giving 23 May 2011 16:34 #5934

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, you've got to be VERY specific and include state, county and system in every reference or nobody who doesn't live there will understand it.

Please copy and paste what you submitted so we can take a look at it.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:What info is HP giving 23 May 2011 16:40 #5935

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
I would not have known what to do with that submission.

A good submission might look like:

=========================
The following channel
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (channel info cut from RRDB )
has been put in Butler County. However, this is actually the channel for Butler police dispatch in xxxxxxxxxxx county (which is the next county over). Please add this channel information to the xxxxxxxxxxxx county page:

xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx (channel info in exactly the same format as the dB uses)

The frequency might also be used for Butler, but I've only heard Dover dispatches with these settings. You might see if someone else can confirm good channel information for Butler and correct or delete that listing if it is incorrect.
====================

Note that I have no idea what the correct info is. That is just an example of a specific submission that a moderator can easily work. Don't cut/paste my above (unless I was accidentally accurate).
Last Edit: 23 May 2011 16:42 by UPMan.

Re:What info is HP giving 23 May 2011 17:16 #5936

• darticus
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
UPMan's thoughts really says it. I'll have to see if I can make my stuff more understanding. Maybe I could borrow UPMans format and fit my stuff in. I'll try something and post it here for you to check out first before they get ticked at me. Thanks Ron
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds