Air Route Traffic Control Centers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Air Route Traffic Control Centers

Air Route Traffic Control Centers 20 Jul 2011 14:47 #6393

• Pk766
  • ( Visitor )
Hi all,

Well, I finally registered on this forum since there is a lot of activity here and it's all concerned with just the HP-1 which is my primary monitor for air traffic. A little introduction here from me... My name is Paul and I am the radio reference.com ARTCC database manager. I have been listening to air traffic control since 1986 when I joined the USAF. Now that I am retired from the USAF I can spend a little more time staying in one particular area without moving around the country every 2-3 years. I can assure you that the information contained within the database is the most accurate listing for ARTCC frequencies in the conus since.... Well, a long time. I have FAA data that is mostly used along with reports from radiorefernece members in many cases. I have only included the RCAG sites for the ARTCCs and not the BUEC or SBUEC sites which are not normally published or in-use. BUECs by the way stand for back up emergency communications. If anyone has any questions about air traffic control data in the database, feel free to ask...

I've got a question for all of you now... What portable antenna do you find works well with the HP-1 for monitoring VHF/UHF aircraft comms?

Paul
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds