Will this thing pickup air traffic from DIA?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will this thing pickup air traffic from DIA?

Re:Will this thing pickup air traffic from DIA? 29 Jul 2010 22:46 #93

• Morbius
  • ( Visitor )
Well it looks like illiteracy with the whole radio hobby thing might have confused this then, as I warned I might! When I didn't find anything DIA related by entering my own zip of 80233 on your site, I too thought it might be distance related. So that's why I then looked up DIA's own zip of 80249 and entered that. When I still didn't see the web site list anyting DIA-related, that's when I decided to post here. So I'm still not quite sure what I should have, or could have, entered as a zip code on the web site to see DIA air traffic channels. Then again, maybe it IS displaying them, and I just don't recognize them as such! Like I said, I'm a total noob when it comes to this radio stuff. Anyway, since both you and the RadioReference folks think the DIA air traffic will be accessible with the HP-1, that's enough for me! Thanks for checking.

Re:Will this thing pickup air traffic from DIA? 29 Jul 2010 23:22 #94

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
I tried the zipcode you used for the airport and your correct it didn't appear, I didn't look but my guess is the frequencies are not geotagged so they may not show under that zipcode. They (the frequencies) however do show in the Sentinel DB which you can download and play around with here:info.uniden.com/HomePatrol

Attached is a jpg showing a screenshot of the page showing DIA in Sentinel, it's really bad due to the small file size allowed on the site

Hope this helps you.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 29 Jul 2010 23:39 by John.

Re:Will this thing pickup air traffic from DIA? 29 Jul 2010 23:42 #95

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Well the file upload didn't work at all....so download Sentinel and take a look around, it should help you see whats available in the DB at the moment.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds