Railroad Usage and Monitoring
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Railroad Usage and Monitoring

Railroad Usage and Monitoring 06 Mar 2011 16:48 #5180

• Mister Mark
  • ( Visitor )
How would you railroad monitors rate the HP-1?? If you don't mind, please use grades from A to D, with supporting pros and con commentary. Thanks. Overall general grade? Mobile Use in vehicle travelling to many cities? VHF band coverage OK?? UHF band coverage OK?? Are the downloaded frequencies sufficient?? What frequencies/towns did you have to manually enter into the HP-1?? Was it easy, or was it difficult, to enter new frequencies manually, and them group them with the other, existing railroad frequency banks?? How was the support from Uniden's frequency update people?? Etc. 73/88 and wish you all well. Thanks. //Mark (new guy)

Re:Railroad Usage and Monitoring 06 Mar 2011 20:37 #5183

• tskilbride
  • ( Visitor )
I rate it a "F" for railroad monitoring out of the box. With third party software and proper programming, it would probably get a "B". Lack of delay and priority settings keep it from getting a "A".

Tim K.

Re:Railroad Usage and Monitoring 23 Apr 2011 16:44 #5714

• 2coycproc
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Retired Commercial Corporate Pilot
I monitor Railroad Freqs all the time and find that the HP-1 better than my older scanners...
Paul
VA3PRG

Re:Railroad Usage and Monitoring 23 Apr 2011 18:12 #5715

• 2coycproc
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Retired Commercial Corporate Pilot
I monitor Railroad Freqs all the time and find that the HP-1 better than my older scanners...
Paul
VA3PRG

Re:Railroad Usage and Monitoring 28 Apr 2011 01:33 #5753

• Hemiram
  • ( Visitor )
I would say a B-. Not as sensitive as some of my other radios, but at least there's no intermod, like my old BC9000 had. The B- is with a better than stock antenna, BTW. This one to be exact:

www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-008591
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds