Available Railroad Frequencies
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Available Railroad Frequencies

Available Railroad Frequencies 04 Oct 2010 11:48 #664

• jtitchner
  • ( Visitor )
I really like most of the features of the HomePatrol! However, one of my favorite scanner activities is monitoring railroad activities. After entering my zip code, I selected the various services I wanted to monitor including "Railroad". I was informed that there are no railroads in my zip code area even when the area to be included is expanded to 30 miles. This is technically true. However, there are "repeaters" for each of the three railroads(all less than 30 miles away)that now come in very clearly on my other scanners. I feel certain that this scanner would easily transmit these frequencies as well if I could get them entered into the scanner.

Is there any way to get these frequencies entered in the Home Patrol, even though technically they are not local frequencies?

Re:Available Railroad Frequencies 04 Oct 2010 18:13 #704

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
1: it recieves not transmits
2: Better to check your city/state DB either on Radioreference or through the Sentinel software info.uniden.com/HomePatrol which can be downloaded. The online demo doesn't have all the channels you can recieve.
3: if the channels you want are not listed you can submit info on Radioreference to get those channels into the HP DB on the next update after the administrators add them. It takes a few days and updates are usually available on Mondays.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds