LIRR: Anyone got this to work???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: LIRR: Anyone got this to work???

LIRR: Anyone got this to work??? 06 Oct 2010 10:33 #879

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I've posted this problem in a couple spots but have had no help. I am unable to get the Long Island RR frequencies to appear in any HP service selection. I try to choose Railroad, or Transportation and they simply just do not appear even with Range set to highest. They ARE in the database (actually in two spots): USA>New York>Nassau (and in Suffolk)>Statewide>Railroad>Long Island Railroad. And, I am able to make them into a favorites list and when I install the favorite list in the HP it scans them fine and there is all sorts of activity on them. But I don't want to have to use a fave list to scan them!

Can anyone in the Long Island area give this a shot for me? Or, even just try outside the area to see if you can get them to setup? Is anyone scanning the Lobng Island RR with thir HP and can give me a clue here? Thanks!

Re:LIRR: Anyone got this to work??? 06 Oct 2010 10:45 #880

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
In order to be selected by location control, the channel groups need to have location data. If someone submits the data (at the department level), then I can add it, but I am not familiar enough with their operations to set the location from here (TX).

Re:LIRR: Anyone got this to work??? 06 Oct 2010 11:22 #883

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
OK, well the Long Island Railroad covers all of the length of Long Island with nearly 130 stations. It is publicly owned by the MTA which is based in New York City. However, for location control it should definitely show up for anyone scanning Manhattan, Queens or Nassau or Suffolk Counties in New York State. Is that any help? The main station that everything hubs off of is in Jamaica, Queens. The main destination for any commuters is Penn Station in Manhattan.
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2010 11:25 by Neil.

Re:LIRR: Anyone got this to work??? 06 Oct 2010 12:17 #888

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Ok, I've added location data to LIRR based on the above.

Railroad Location Report

Re:LIRR: Anyone got this to work??? 06 Oct 2010 13:46 #894

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you!!! When might this appear in HPDB update??

Re:LIRR: Anyone got this to work??? 06 Oct 2010 13:46 #895

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Should show up tomorrow unless something prevents me from making it down to the server room by 5pm. :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds