Discovery and Favorites List
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Discovery and Favorites List

Discovery and Favorites List 23 Jan 2013 15:37 #10921

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I have a lot of entries I found in discovery mode, id like to create a favorites list with them is there an easy way to copy them from the discovery list to a favorites list?

Re: Discovery and Favorites List 23 Jan 2013 22:25 #10923

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Been awhile, but can't you cut and paste from the Discovery Log Viewer in Sentinel?

JUst tried - you would need to copy to Excel or similar - get columns in line to match, then back to Sentinel but it does work.
Last Edit: 23 Jan 2013 22:53 by Ohio-user.

Re: Discovery and Favorites List 23 Jan 2013 23:38 #10926

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Ya I did try cut and paste only puts in one line and not in the format thats needed. Well maybe in the next update.

Re: Discovery and Favorites List 24 Jan 2013 00:21 #10928

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Max2248 wrote:
Ya I did try cut and paste only puts in one line and not in the format thats needed. Well maybe in the next update.

Do you have Excell or any spreadsheet program? If so paste the search into it and then you can manipulate it to match the same field format as Sentinel has. I used to do tons of data manipulation at work and have many many ways that I know how to do this, but I don't even have half the tools I used to.

Other than that - it's a cell at a time.

It would be nice if you could save it as a favorite, then you could edit or append to an existing.

I really do not use it that much - rural area, not much changes except the state wide trucked system. I always scan with ID open and chase down any unknown TG.

Not much conventional being added either.

Re: Discovery and Favorites List 24 Jan 2013 01:22 #10929

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Ohio, I do have openoffice I'll run it though that it just may be the simplest way to go. I am also out in the I'll call it the semi-sticks but since I put up an outside antenna i'm pulling in a lot of unknow signals. I'll let yo know how it works out and thanks for the input.

Re: Discovery and Favorites List 24 Jan 2013 01:40 #10930

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Max, Open Office works fine, use it myself on a couple as too cheap to buy Excell. It does, sometimes import ASCII or txt files differently, but is fine for what you want.

Save it once you get it formatted and use over and over. Just remember in Sentinel to add the new blank lines first.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds