How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel

Re: How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel 28 Nov 2015 20:41 #15881

• NyGregg
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
From the top menu bar in Sentinel click on "edit", then "edit favorites list".

I tried this before posting. There is no way to manually enter the frequency number in that method

Re: How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel 28 Nov 2015 20:43 #15882

• NyGregg
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried to post a screen shot, but it didn't work, for you to see to what I meant

Re: How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel 28 Nov 2015 20:45 #15883

• NyGregg
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just found part of this issue. I am using Sentinel BCD536HP....different than the other Sentinel software.....

Re: How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel 28 Nov 2015 20:54 #15884

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
NyGregg wrote:
I just found part of this issue. I am using Sentinel BCD536HP....different than the other Sentinel software.....

The Home Patrol Sentinel and the BCD536HP version of Sentinel both use the favorites list editor to create lists of frequencies that are not in the Sentinel database.

Not sure why you can't see it, that's what it's there for.

Again, From the top menu bar in Sentinel click on "edit", then "edit favorites list". Are you saying that the favorites list editor doesn't come up when you do that?

Re: How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel 28 Nov 2015 21:58 #15885

• NyGregg
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
No. It comes up. There is no place for frequency entry.

Can't get this chat board to download a .png screenshot of it

Re: How do I manually enter freqs into Sentinel 28 Nov 2015 23:39 #15886

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
NyGregg wrote:

No. It comes up. There is no place for frequency entry.

Well, that just isn't the case. I have no idea what to tell you other than you are not looking at the favorites list editor. The favorites list editor is what is used for the purpose of adding frequencies from the main database into a favorites list as well as adding frequencies not found in the database.

You can add trunked systems or conventional, analog or digital. You can set service types as well as many other functions to customize your favorites lists.

I had recommended in a previous post that you look on youtube for videos to help you, there are lots of them. Did you try that?

Here is one that you should have found with a very simple search... if you watch this carefully and follow it all the way through, it should help you find what you are doing wrong. It starts with creating a favorites list from the database, and then shows you how to add your own frequencies....... All with the favorites list editor.

Enlarge it to full screen size and use the settings button at the bottom to set the quality to to 1080P so you can see the text clearly.

Last Edit: 28 Nov 2015 23:40 by vroderick.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds