(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GPS and Location Control Settings

GPS and Location Control Settings 14 Oct 2010 07:56 #1530

• wm8l
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • Retired LEO
Will be getting my GPS from Scanner Master today. There is very little in the HP-1 manual about using GPS. Is there a preferred setting for location control when using GPS. Should location control be off or on with a setting around 10 miles.

The sensitivity is something else on the HP-1. Receiving TRS stations on rubber duck in the car up to 25 miles away. Looking forward to using the GPS with the HP-1.

73's Terry - WM8L
HP-1,BCD536HP & BCD436HP
73\\\\\\\'S Terry

Re:GPS and Location Control Settings 14 Oct 2010 09:21 #1539

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
When the GPS is detected, HP-1 automatically sets its range to "0", so systems and departments turn on/off precisely at the set boundaries. This is assumed to be the preferred mode when driving (so you hear only jurisdications you are in).

Re:GPS and Location Control Settings 14 Oct 2010 12:20 #1552

• wm8l
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • Retired LEO
Thanks UPMan, this is a good place to get quick info on a great scanner.
HP-1,BCD536HP & BCD436HP
73\\\\\\\'S Terry

Re:GPS and Location Control Settings 15 Oct 2010 06:59 #1630

• wm8l
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • Retired LEO
Another question UPMan. Received my new GPS yesterday and have had a good chance to try it out. This combination is almost as unbelievable as the HP-1 is itself for mobile operation.

Question, Do you know if you can create a new favorite based on the present location of the GPS?

I have used a GPS on my BC996T which is ok but you still have to plan out your trip and store the areas you are planning to travel to, which limits you a lot. I can see the HP-1 doing nothing but getting even better.
HP-1,BCD536HP & BCD436HP
73\\\\\\\'S Terry

Re:GPS and Location Control Settings 15 Oct 2010 09:50 #1639

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Yes. If you create a new Favorites List, you have the option "Add Current Channels." This will pull all currently scanned channels into the FL.

Re:GPS and Location Control Settings 15 Oct 2010 21:10 #1702

• RBMTS
  • ( Visitor )
I did my first "Road Test" of the HP-1 today using a GPS-18X. It worked great and I was really impressed. However I noticed that every once it a while it would do a reload of the database. This wasn't a big problem except that every time it cleared my temporary "Avoid" list. I constantly had to reapply the "Avoids" to things I didn't want to listen to. My trip was within 45 miles of my home area so I wasn't wandering in to far distant areas or other states where I could understand the radio wanting to update the database into the main memory. The range was set to zero (the default for GPS operation I believe). I should have probably expanded the range but didn't think of that at the time.

Is this frequent reload of the DB normal in the HP-1?

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds