LOST ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: LOST ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2

LOST ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2 12 Dec 2018 09:09 #18472

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Do I need Administrator Rights in order to Download and Install Updates for the Home Patrol Database and Firmware?
For some reason I seem to have lost Administrator r Rights in Windows 10 Home Edition for the Home Patrol Sentinal Software.
I have tried to RECOVER my PC by RESETTING it.
I have also tried to install a FRESH COPY of Windows 10 from the Microsoft website, Neither of these proceedures have worked for me.

I SHOULD NOTE HERE THAT I AM THE ONLY USER OF THIS COMPUTER AND HAVE PREVIOUSLY SET MYSELF AS THE ADMINISTRATOR., BUT FOR SOME REASON I SEEM TO HAVE LOST ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to reinstall the Home Patrol Software and check for updates as well as try to fix the SD card problem that I am having with my Home Patrol 2 scanner.

Thank You in advance for your help.

Re: LOST ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2 19 Dec 2018 03:06 #18473

• fuzzmanks
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a message to you that you need Admin rights?

Find the Sentinel program in your Start menu (on mine it is listed under Uniden), right click on it, and select Run As Administrator. Or if you are trying to install the program you can do the same procedure on the install file to Run As Administrator. Some programs are just coded to require that.

If you have your User Account Control setting to high, that can prevent doing things that require Admin rights. If you have it set too high, you will need to lower the setting and Restart the PC BEFORE doing the install. You can raise the UAC back up if you want too. Normally I recommend the second from the highest setting for an Administrator.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds