Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1

Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1 13 Jun 2011 13:36 #6141

• n3pzt
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Many threads have asked about creating Favorites Lists for the Amateur, Marine, CB and FRS services.
I first tried using PowerPatrol to create them and gave up because I couldn't find a way to
create a blank template to populate new favorites.

So, here's my instructions and files for creating them in Sentinel. I did most of the work for
you and they work perfectly in my HP-1. First, make sure you have a good text editor such as
Notepad++ notepad-plus-plus.org/download. Second, you'll need either an ARRL Repeater
Directory or use the online repeater lookup search at www.repeaterbook.com/repeaters/multistate.php

Let's get started. Download the five .txt file attachments and save them to whatever folder you use for downloads.
Open Sentinel and create five new favorites. Label them as 2m Repeaters, Marine Channels, CB & FRS Channels,
6m & 10m Simplex & Repeaters and 1.25m & 70cm Repeaters. Go to Edit/Profile and on the Favorites Lists tab
toggle Download On for these five new favorites. Now, File/Save and File/Exit.

Let's do the easy ones first; Marine Channels and CB & FRS Channels. These two require no editing on your part.
In Notpad++ open the .hpd favorites file in Uniden/HomePatrol/FavoritesLists for Marine Channels. This should be the
second new .hpd file you previously created in Sentinel. You'll see just two rows in this file. Next, open the Marine Channels.txt file.
Copy-n-paste rows 3-57 to the open favorites .hpd file starting at row 3. Save the favorites .hpd file. Repeate these same steps
for the CB & FRS Channels. The CB & FRS favorites file will be the third new .hpd favorites file you created in Sentinel. Double check
your work by opening Sentinel and reviewing these two new favorites folders. Always close and open Sentinel when you
double check your work so Sentinel will refresh what you've done.

Now let's do the three Amateur .hpd favorites lists. The three .txt files are currently for the Washington DC area. Open the 2m Repeaters.txt file.
In Notpad++ open the .hpd favorites file in Uniden/HomePatrol/FavoritesLists for 2m Repeaters. This should be the first new one you previously
created in Sentinel. Copy-n-paste rows 3-81 from the .txt file to the .hpd file and save the .hpd file.
Row 3 in the .hpd file is what will show as Row 1 in the HP-1 when you're scaninng. Now, edit Row 6 by deleting the state
abbreviations I have and type in the state abbreviations you want. This is what will show as Row 2 in the HP-1 when you're scaninng.
Now, here's where you'll need your ARRL Repeater Directory or the online repeater lookup search website.
Rows 7 and beyond is what you'll edit for the 2m repeaters in your area. Carefully delete the city names and (clubs) I have and
type in your city names and (clubs). Next, delete the six digit frequency I have and type in your six digit frequency. Always leave the
trailing 000 after the six digit frequency. Edit as many rows as you want going down the page. Periodically save the .hpd file and
open Sentinel and review the 2m Repeaters folder. If you see any corruption in any of the rows, such as zeros in the frequency column, AM in the
Mod column or Aircraft in the Service Type column this is a tabbing issue in your favorites .hpd file. Reopen your 2m Repeaters favorites .hpd file
and place your cursor right after the city name and (club) and hit your tab key once. Repeat this for any other corrupt rows. Save the favorites .hpd
file and reopen Sentinel and double check again. Continue editing on down the .hpd file for your remainng 2m repeaters. Delete any remaining non-edited
rows. If you need to add more rows after row 81 copy-n-paste row 81 on down the page. For the new rows, increment the CFreqId= starting with 261360.

Repeat the same steps above for the 6m & 10m Simplex & Repeaters (the fourth new .hpd favorites list your created) and the 1.25m & 70cm Repeaters (the fifth
new .hpd favorites list you created). NOTE: The 6m repeater outputs are good for every state except California. California follows the even numbered outputs
as shown in the ARRL 6m Band Plan. For some reason, every other states' outputs are odd numbered and, compared to the 6m Band Plan, fall into the
Band Plan input sections. I could never figure out why that is. Once again, double check your work in Sentinel and make any corrections as necessary in
your .hpd files. Once you're satisfied, Write to HomePatrol and fire up your HP-1. Enjoy.

Stu N3PZT
Attachments:
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2011 13:40 by n3pzt. Reason: Need to post each file attachment separately

Re: Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1 15 Apr 2012 18:58 #9357

• flaw101
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Stu,

Excellent work with hpe files. I noticed on RR's hpe wiki, someone had programmed up some search hpe's. They broke the Federal band into 2 Mhz chunks. This is really cool for searching as it allows you to search all frequencies in that range with the recorder on, so you just let it run. How hard would it be to do the same thing for the mil air band 225-380 Mhz? Would you be willing to take that on? Or maybe I could, using spreadsheet formulas, but I'd have to figure that out. Thoughts or instructions?

Thanks,
Frank

The HP-1 gets better everytime I use it!
Last Edit: 15 Apr 2012 18:58 by flaw101.

Re: Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1 17 Apr 2012 13:50 #9364

• MParrott
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I only see a 1.txt, that looks to be the 1.25m and 73cm list for your area.

Can you post the CB/FRS/Marine files?

Thanks
Mike P
N4MEP
Mike - N4MEP
Last Edit: 17 Apr 2012 13:51 by MParrott.

Re: Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1 17 Apr 2012 20:22 #9368

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder

File Attachment:

File Name: CB_GMRS_MARINE.zip
File Size: 3 KB

Try these
Ham OP since 1981
Last Edit: 17 Apr 2012 20:26 by KD8HE. Reason: attachments change

Re: Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1 18 Apr 2012 11:48 #9373

• MParrott
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the 4 files.

Note to others: They are not the TXT files referenced above. They are HPE files, so you can just import them through the Sentinel software into your favorites lists.
Mike - N4MEP

Re: Amateur, Marine, CB & FRS Favorites for HP-1 09 May 2012 11:20 #9499

• MParrott
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Just to give credit where credit is due.

Stu posted the original instructions and file. KD8HE posted the zip file of the others. Thanks to both.
Mike - N4MEP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds