(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Antenna

Antenna 01 Aug 2012 19:52 #9903

• nutpn
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • USMC
just got my HP-1 and its very nice,but I cant pickup like my other scanners,its like my signal isnt strong enough for it,by other scanners have always worked fine,I think the antenna isnt working right!!!anybody have any conclusions
US Marine and Android and Scanner Nut
2112 bouncing off a 2144

Re: Antenna 09 Aug 2012 17:57 #9964

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Hard to diagnose from a remote location. It is certainly possible that you have a 'bad' antenna. I have two HP-1 and with the factory supplied antenna I copy my local 700 MHz P-25 system strongly with no problems. Of course there is only a single site in my town. I have the Extreme features and the trunking system analyzer shows everything is fine, I also have a roof top UHF discone antenna but since the inside 'duck' reception is excellent, switching to the discone makes no difference at all.

I guess, and it is just a guess, that you should try a differfent antenna and see if that helps.

Re: Antenna 18 Oct 2017 13:44 #18165

• alfrommob
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a HP-2 and a small antenna for inside use. I put it on an old Radio Shack hand held and many channels come in. Place it on the new HP-2 and fewer channels. I have set my range closer in, squelch about half way which seems to work better, and attn off. Any ideas how to get this brilliant piece of ingenuity to talk as much as a 15 year old Radio Shack Hand held scanner or do I just need to upgrade the antenna and what type or brand antenna would you recommend for a large metropolitan area around Mobile, Alabama.

Re: Antenna 18 Oct 2017 15:26 #18166

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
alfrommob wrote:
I have a HP-2 and a small antenna for inside use. I put it on an old Radio Shack hand held and many channels come in. Place it on the new HP-2 and fewer channels. I have set my range closer in, squelch about half way which seems to work better, and attn off. Any ideas how to get this brilliant piece of ingenuity to talk as much as a 15 year old Radio Shack Hand held scanner or do I just need to upgrade the antenna and what type or brand antenna would you recommend for a large metropolitan area around Mobile, Alabama.

Are you scanning favorites lists that you have created - or are you scanning the master database?

Have you updated the database since you purchased the scanner?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

Have you enabled all of the service types?

Last Edit: 18 Oct 2017 15:46 by vroderick.

Re: Antenna 18 Oct 2017 16:24 #18167

• alfrommob
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your quick reply. I have not updated the scanner as this is day two, and I have enabled all services types that I care to listen to. I will have to do the sentinal update to update it correct, connecting scanner to PC, correct.

Re: Antenna 18 Oct 2017 17:02 #18168

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
alfrommob wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply. I have not updated the scanner as this is day two, and I have enabled all services types that I care to listen to. I will have to do the sentinal update to update it correct, connecting scanner to PC, correct.

Yes, follow the instructions on page 6 of the owner's manual.

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/HomePatrol2/HomePatrol-IIom.pdf

But before that, be certain you are using the very latest version of the Sentinel program:

Version 2.03.02

info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds