Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff

Re:Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff 17 Oct 2010 22:18 #1833

• Magician
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
ok, still don't know what wrong. For instance, I can listen to LAPD on a program called Scannerlive that I purchased thru RadioReference. Specifically Freq. 484.7125 which is their Hotshot/K-9/Air channel. This is a VERY busy channel. I left it on my computer to listen to see if HomePatrol was picking it up, its not. Now, I did put it in my fav list and I turned off location as suggested, but I still cant hear anything from that channel on Homepatrol but can easily hear it on Scannerlive. There are other channels in Ventura county that is doing the same thing and I live in Ventura County. Any Suggestions, Thanx, Tom

Re:Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff 17 Oct 2010 22:46 #1836

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Did you do a search of the archives for LAPD? If you did you would have found out that the system is not yet geotagged. It will be done but it takes time. In the meantime make a favorites list with channels you want and turn off location control and you will hear them.

Re:Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff 17 Oct 2010 23:53 #1840

• mwatts65
  • ( Visitor )
I have a feeling it is your antenna. I live in Simi Valley and I can't pick up that Frequency either. I even tride a big antenna. Anyways The LAPD that I can pick up at my house is Devonshire (17) 506.8875, West Valley (10) 484.9375, Van Nuys (9) 506.7125, Topanga (21) 484.8500 to name a few. You should be able to pick up anything in the valley. Those are all LAPD - Dispatch frequencies. LAPD - Tacticals is good also. Again to find these go to USA - California - Los Angeles - County Systems - Los Angeles - then scroll till you see LAPD Dispatch. Then add your frequencies. You can get LAPD tacticals the same way. Not picking up Ventura Frequencies, ?? - Probably need a bigger antenna. What Frequencies are you trying to pick up in Ventura Cty?

Re:Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff 18 Oct 2010 09:15 #1846

• Magician
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
John, No I did not check the archives and I understand that if its not geotagged, that I should put it in my favs. And as I said in my last email, I did add it to my favorites and turnd off my location and still cant hear that one particular channel. Since mwatts65 lives near me and also cant pick up that particular channel, I will look into a bigger antenna as he suggests also.

Mwatts65, thanx for the suggestion. Just like that LAPD channel, I have loaded the fire dispatch in my favs and still cant hear that, unless they have been very very slow this past weekend. I pick up their other channels, Topanga, Devinshire etc. I do pick up the Sheriff Dispatch East easily and Simi Valley PD comes in the best of all of them. I was looking for the Ventura City PD, are they also known as the Sanbuenaventura ?

Re:Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff 31 Oct 2010 06:16 #2573

• Skippy
  • ( Visitor )
I live in East Ventura and I can pick up everything, Ventura PD, FD, Sheriff. I also pick up Simi Valley, LAPD, LAFD, and many more. The only thing i have not found yet is CHP, it's in the data base but nothing is ever heard.

Re:Not Picking Up Ventura County Sheriff 31 Oct 2010 15:47 #2618

• Magician
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I get CHP but only the Ventura office and sometimes if they are on an extender and happen to be in our area. I have yet to hear Ventura County Fire Dispatch yet.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds