Can't get San Diego County RCS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't get San Diego County RCS

Can't get San Diego County RCS 03 Nov 2010 22:34 #2736

• bababooey
  • ( Visitor )
Plugged my zip in (92131) and get SD city trunked system fine but no SD county RCS. Looking at the lat/long of the county RCS system in Sentinel of the RCS system (33 02'00.15 -115 25'02.94) puts it WAY out east of San Diego (~ 100 miles or more) in Brawley, CA 92227. If I put this zip code in I can get RCS while in San Diego. Perhaps the lat/long is jacked up in RR?

How can I modify the lat/long to put it in San Diego?

Re:Can't get San Diego County RCS 04 Nov 2010 08:11 #2740

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Looks like whoever input the default location for the system typo'd. I've submitted a correction request to RRDB to use 33.033375, -115.839755, 52 miles.

Assuming this submission is worked today, it will be correct in tomorrow's HPDB update.

Re:Can't get San Diego County RCS 09 Nov 2010 10:11 #2920

• bababooey
  • ( Visitor )
Did the update this morning and a quick check showed the county RCS now showing up.. Thanks!

Now, only if it wouldn't also scan Riverside, Palm Springs, etc.. that are impossible to be received in my location.

Re:Can't get San Diego County RCS 09 Nov 2010 10:20 #2924

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Those are coming in because they are "inheriting" their county's location information. As the municipalities themselves get their own location data, they'll not inherit that large range so their "select" range will be greatly reduced. It requires someone to plot out the city limits for each little town and submit them to RRDB.

Re:Can't get San Diego County RCS 09 Nov 2010 10:25 #2925

• bababooey
  • ( Visitor )
San Diego, Riverside, and Palm Springs are not so little of towns... I would have thunk that since Uniden is riding the coat tails of scanner buffs to build the latest scanner for them, they would pony up some $$$$ and hire some contractors correct some of the problems I am finding at RR. At least to the top counties in the country.

It's a strange business model to enter into, have users enhance the product and do the work for free while Uniden reaps the benefits.

Re:Can't get San Diego County RCS 12 Nov 2010 14:31 #3015

• swaits
  • ( Visitor )
bababooey wrote:
It's a strange business model to enter into, have users enhance the product and do the work for free while Uniden reaps the benefits.

Hello Negative Nancy,

On the flip-side, we get to benefit. Everyone who uses the RRDB will benefit, because more has been done (by users even!) to clean it up in the last month than anyone could have imagined possible.

You call it a strange business model, I call it smart.

--Steve
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds