Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01

Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 15:06 #6865

• Neophyte
  • ( Visitor )
I live less than a mile from the Camarillo Airport where Ventura County Fire is dispatched and yet I can't receive it.

It IS listed in the database but despite HEAVY activity, my Homepatrol is not receiving anything on that channel. I changed the range to 10 miles. I added the department to a favorites list. Still nothing. Any ideas are appreciated. I'm thinking of returning the unit to the store.

Brian

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 15:13 #6866

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
My guess (and I can only guess because I am not there) is that the tone listed in RRDB is either incorrect or only used on the input side of the repeater and not included on the output side. RRDB shows:

154.01000 KMB552 BM 100.0 PL VenCoFD 1 Co Fire Dispatch FM Fire Dispatch

You can test by using the current version of Sentinel to program just that channel into a Favorites List, setting the tone to "CTCSS/DCS Search" (you set this by using the "Audio Option" setting for the channel).

When scanning that channel with it programmed that way, when the channel is active you'll hear all comms, and the display will indicate what tone (if any) is being used. If no tone, or a different tone, is used on the channel, provide that information back to RadioReference by submitting the info on this page: Ventura County California. That will take care of your problem, and help all those who come after you, too.
Last Edit: 16 Aug 2011 15:13 by UPMan.

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 15:31 #6867

• Neophyte
  • ( Visitor )
Do I set the "CTCSS/DCS Search" option on the Homepatrol unit or in Sentinel?

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 15:37 #6868

• Neophyte
  • ( Visitor )
Okay, found the column in Sentinel labeled "Audio Option" for the channel in my favorites but I can't figure out how to change the value from the current tone to "CTCSS/DCS Search"

Thanks for your help!

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 15:57 #6870

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
You need to be editing the Favorites List. Click on the star with pencil icon and go from there...

(Unless you've paid for the upgrade, you can only do this in Sentinel. If you have upgraded, you can also navigate to the channel in the HP-1 itself to change the settings.)

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 18:23 #6884

• Neophyte
  • ( Visitor )
1. I changed the CTSS setting to "CTSS/DCS Scan" on the desired frequency in my favorites and saved.
2. I synced Homepatrol by connecting it to the PC and "Write to Homepatrol"...saved, etc.
3. Scanned with fingers crossed...still no traffic on that very active freq.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds