Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 18:38 #6886

• Liaison
  • ( Visitor )
I know that in the past, I forgot to make sure "download" was "on" in my "profile" after making changes in Sentinel. Click the "piece of paper with a pencil" icon (edit profile), then second tab in "favorites list" and make sure they are marked on for download. if they weren't, change to "on", save and write to HP again.

...and if this is way off base, please forgive me!

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 16 Aug 2011 18:45 #6887

• Neophyte
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for the idea but download was, indeed, set to, "on".

My problem is bizarre. I know the Homepatrol works because it's picking up tactical channels associated with the department I'm trying to access. I just can't seem to get the dispatch. (Of course, this is the ONE channel I'm interested in monitoring.) So...I don't think this is a hardware problem. I'm convinced that it is some small setting somewhere that isn't right.

I DO believe that UPMan is on the right track with the CTSS tone. Default for this channel is 100.00 and I'm wondering if something is wrong there. I've tried to change it manually to CTSS/DCS Scan but still no luck.

I would have given up and returned the radio already but I read an unresolved thread from a local firefighter who also couldn't receive our local county fire dispatch. Oh, and another reason I haven't given up is that this forum is particularly helpful, thanks all!

Re:Not Receiving Ventura County Fire 154.01 17 Aug 2011 08:36 #6909

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Another user posted to another thread that the frequencies have changed. See this thread.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds