Checking the San Diego / Imperial County system, the coordinates for that system in the RadioReference database only result in coverage for Imperial County. I have submitted a request to change the default location to encompass both San Diego and Imperial Counties. Assuming this submission is worked this weekend, Monday's database update should incorporate the correction.
In the mean time, you can monitor the SD Sheriff by moving their channels to a Favorites List then either editing the location coordinates in that list to match actual coverage or set the list to "Ignore Location".
Re:Poway CA SD Sheriff RCS
23 Aug 2011 09:27 #7084
( Visitor )
tks for the info. but I'm pretty simple man and still not sure how to do the 'favorites'
list. No big deal for following reasons:
1. I've never, ever posted to a blog, or whatever this is before.
2. I posted in 2 threads because I found the 'radio' one after I found the calif one.
3. I think my best solution will be to return the hp1 and not worry about a scanner at all.
4. this is way too difficult for me.
5. I probably didn't do this correctly either.