Colorado Springs/ El Paso County
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Colorado Springs/ El Paso County

Colorado Springs/ El Paso County 10 Nov 2010 11:12 #2954

• rckymtntim
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, My old Radio Shack scanner was dropped the other day and hasn't worked since. I've been researching scanners and came across the HP. Is there anyone in the CS/El Paso county area using this unit? It almost sounds to good to be true. I had my Pro-2096 and enjoyed listening but didn't like the programming part. I am only a casual user not a hardcore hobbyist. I'm mainly interested in police, fire and ems Does anyone have any comments on it's use and reception in my area?

Thanks for any and all comments.

Tim

Re: Colorado Springs/ El Paso County 24 Mar 2013 02:49 #11357

I see that your message is really old. Did you end up getting one? I am new to scanning and live in Colorado Springs and am having a hard time picking up channels. Any thoughts?

Re: Colorado Springs/ El Paso County 24 Mar 2013 20:53 #11371

• rckymtntim
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I did get a HomePatrol. It's been working great for me. If you are using the antennae that came with it I would lose that and get a shorter rubber type of antennae at Radio Shack. That one seems to work better than the one that comes with it. I'm not sure what they're called. I have my scanner set to a 10 mile radius and get all of what I need. I also set it up to skip a lot of channels. I really don't need to hear all the snowplow info at all hours of the night. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Tim
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds