northern colorado
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: northern colorado

northern colorado 25 Dec 2010 10:39 #4001

• N7VDR
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Any one else in no. Co. Using a hp-1 ? I'm in fort collins.

Re:northern colorado 02 Aug 2011 21:16 #6655

• Starlight77
  • ( Visitor )
Hi, My name is Mark ...I just joined this forum this evening. I live in Northern Colo. and just recently purchased a Home Patrol Unit: 1. I will need some help from either you /or someone who can tell me ... when I charge the batteries, my HP-1 gets hot ... case and all is this normal ? Thanks, and have a good evening. Mark

Re:northern colorado 03 Aug 2011 11:49 #6691

• rckydenver
  • ( Visitor )
Welcome to the Colorado forum, usually on charging the batteries in the unit some reports are that the unit does get hot(just be around the unit for charging, and also in the RR forum at Uniden someone reported that there HP-1 almost caught fire. Usually a external charger is recommeded, every time i used my HP-1 and plug it in i say no to recharge the batterys, if do recharge i stay with it.

Re:northern colorado 03 Aug 2011 18:50 #6695

• Starlight77
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks, for your advice Re; charging batteries in the unit. I will take your advice and refrain from using The HP-1 to charge them. Can you tell me which external charger is a good one to purchase ?

Re:northern colorado 04 Aug 2011 00:54 #6700

• rckydenver
  • ( Visitor )
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/La-Crosse-LC-BC700-AA-and-AAA-Battery-Charger-with-LCD-Display_p_907.html
Thanks, for your advice Re; charging batteries in the unit. I will take your advice and refrain from using The HP-1 to charge them. Can you tell me which external charger is a good one to purchase ?
I use the LaCross charger from Thomas Distributing seems to work really well.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2011 13:30 by .

Re: northern colorado 29 Sep 2012 15:00 #10284

• N7VDR
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
i've charged mine in the unit from day 1 with no over heating issues.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds