CSP reception by location?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: CSP reception by location?

CSP reception by location? 06 Oct 2012 10:45 #10310

• popmacc
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
How does one setup the HP-1 to limit CSP reception to the troop appropriate to the vehicle's location via GPS?

Re: CSP reception by location? 06 Oct 2012 19:42 #10313

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The database currently does have seperate geotags for each district (but a district encompasses multiple troops). If you have the geographic boundaries for each Troop, I'd create a Favorites List, move the CSP into the Favorites List, the create seperate departments for each Troop, defining the troops' boundaries more specifically. For best selection, I'd use one or more rectangles to define each troop location rather than the single circle method currently used by RadioReference.

Re: CSP reception by location? 23 Oct 2012 18:42 #10362

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Where do you live, in CT, are you useing the homepatrol mobile, or at one location, you can edit which troops you hear and lock those others out, when you go mobile you will get what is near your location,useing the GPS if your hearing too much limit the range for more or less, this system can be picked up throughout the entire state, the way you set it up , it can be selected with the programming software updates for the scanner, is most always on Monday morning, I dont update too often, I have too many scanners and if I have most all locked to each troop in my area, if you are close I could try to help you if you are, good luck !
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!

Re: CSP reception by location? 08 Aug 2013 23:26 #12361

• paulct
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I know this is an old thread.

I find that CSP, as defined in the database, does allow you to pick up too many troops when just using the GPS. As Upman suggests you can go through all that hassle to set it up the range.

Here is what I do. I have a favorites list for CSP, which has the three troops I generally drive through (G, A and L). So when I am driving around, that's all I hear. If I am down where I live, when troop A or L come on, I just click it and set to temporarily avoid.

When I drive through the entire state, I use the full CSP list, and it sort of works with the GPS. You can not set "range" when using the GPS as the other guy suggested.

Good Luck

Re: CSP reception by location? 08 Aug 2013 23:59 #12362

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
You can set range. It defaults to zero with GPS. But it will reset at power down.

I thought it might reset when it reloads the DB as you move but unsure. Meant to check but never did :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds