(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Simsbury Police

Simsbury Police 12 Jan 2011 16:28 #4446

• dwfindley
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • KB1WR, Motorcycle R1200RT BMW
How is that Simsbury Police 453.7500 doesn't show up in the Hartford County. Odd.

Re:Simsbury Police 12 Jan 2011 17:29 #4448

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
Not sure what you mean. I found it under the city name in Radioreference.com which other frequencies for the same town.

Service FM EMS Dispatch
453.75000 WNYY956 RM 118.8 PL SimsbPD Disp Police
Pershing Professional

Re:Simsbury Police 12 Jan 2011 18:50 #4449

• dwfindley
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
For sure for sure. I saw that myself. But why (a very new user) is it not available on HomePatrol? I cannot (don't know how) even to manually added it to my Fav.

Re:Simsbury Police 12 Jan 2011 19:05 #4450

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
After you entered your zip and updated the firmware and database did you write it to the HP1. After that go to menu and set your location to your city. Are you saying you live in Simsbury and you aren't receiving it? How far do you live from it? Also, did you set your service types to Law Dispatch, Law Tac, and Law talk? Also Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, and Fire Talk? What is your range set to? If Simsbury is not close you will have to change the range to be able to pull it in to the database.

Simsbury should be located under the System Hartford County if your range and city are set correctly. Also, go through Department Line and scroll through it and you should see the cities listed.

The reason I gave you the info on radioreference.com is because that is where the database comes from and that is on the HP1.
Pershing Professional
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2011 19:16 by spec5.

Re:Simsbury Police 12 Jan 2011 19:39 #4451

• dwfindley
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I am in Farmington and maybe 10 miles away. But I cannot believe this is the issue b/c I have AVOID maybe cities far beyond Simsbury. I also get their Fire Dept loud and clear. I have all the Law type services checked and get similar for Avon, Farmington, etc etc. For some reason Simsbury Police does not come up. The "Department Line" comment was a new term for me.

Re:Simsbury Police 12 Jan 2011 19:57 #4452

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
The second line down on your HP1 says Department when the scanner is scanning and then below that is Channel. The top line on the scanner is System which you will Tap on when you see Hartford County show up. Then tap on Department and then on the right side of the scanner you will see a less than sign and scroll through the different Departments and you should see all the cities in Hartford County. Then on the bottom line on your scanner you will see Channel which will show you Fire, Police, etc.

Did you save Farmington in Set your location?
Pershing Professional
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2011 19:59 by spec5.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds