state of delaware public safety - database
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: state of delaware public safety - database

state of delaware public safety - database 03 Nov 2013 02:10 #12688

• drm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
the "state of delaware public safety" system had a freq change about 2 months ago. I know the new numbers. how can I get them into homepatrol database so I can download them through sentinel?

Re: state of delaware public safety - database 03 Nov 2013 02:19 #12689

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
drm wrote:
the "state of delaware public safety" system had a freq change about 2 months ago. I know the new numbers. how can I get them into homepatrol database so I can download them through sentinel?

First step..... With your Home Patrol connected to your computer and Sentinel running, from the top toolbar on Sentinel click "Update", then click "Update Master HPDB".

Second step.... after Sentinel has received the latest database, click "Home Patrol", then "Write to Home Patrol" to get the database from Sentinel into the Home Patrol.

Re: state of delaware public safety - database 03 Nov 2013 15:04 #12690

• drm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for the reply. when I got the homepatrol back in august it was receiving this network. around the first of sept - gone. I've tried the database update you describe nearly weekly with no results. there doesn't seem to be a problem with the update process. my radio will receive the freqs during a limit search, but I can't determine a way to put them into a favorite file. it appears to me the freqs just aren't in the sentinel database yet. what makes an update happen in the "home/sentinel" computer?

Re: state of delaware public safety - database 03 Nov 2013 18:47 #12691

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone need to submit it to Radio Reference.

Check the local forums and DB on RR - possibility the service moved to a different system or a dozen different reasons.

Re: state of delaware public safety - database 03 Nov 2013 19:10 #12692

• drm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
the new freqs are on radio ref. i'm new to this computerized scanning, i'm still back in the pro 2006 days.
so how do the freqs get from rr to sential?

Re: state of delaware public safety - database 03 Nov 2013 19:20 #12693

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
drm wrote:
the new freqs are on radio ref. i'm new to this computerized scanning, i'm still back in the pro 2006 days.
so how do the freqs get from rr to sential?

If the frequencies are in the RR database, and you have updated your Home Patrol correctly, the frequencies will be in your Home Patrol.

Uniden downloads the RR database to their servers, tweaks the data to their proprietary format, and Sentinel reads it from there.

Just to confirm you have the latest database in your Home Patrol:

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds