Cook/Dupage counties
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Cook/Dupage counties

Re:Cook/Dupage counties 28 Dec 2010 09:32 #4101

• full moon
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello friends..I live in Kankakee County and really am having trouble deciding between HP1 and 996XT..Do you find the lack of a delay option a problem with HP1?

Re:Cook/Dupage counties 28 Dec 2010 13:26 #4111

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I have both a 996XT and an HP-1. They are quite different and I use them for different reasons. The lack of 'delay' does cause me to lose some parts of conversations on one of my local public saftety systems and that is annoying. I remain hopeful that Uniden will recognize this as a problem and correct it in the firmware. At present they appear to believe the "problems" are in the lack of complete information in rr.com database.

Since my own county is pretty well up to date, I selfishly don't assign the same priority as do Uniden.

The main reason I purchased the 996XT was for the UID capability which I can log using 3rd party software. But some of colleagues think that is silly and they are focused only on the 'content' of the conversation, not the details of how the system functions.

It all depends on what you want your scanner to do for you...if you want to decode the control channel data stream in a trunking system, the 996XT is the way to go.

If your hobby is focused on listening, the HP-1 is ideal.

LEP

Re:Cook/Dupage counties 28 Dec 2010 15:18 #4115

• full moon
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks LEP..My focus is listening for sure...

Re:Cook/Dupage counties 28 Dec 2010 20:39 #4124

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
I got my HP with GPS and cables from Bearcat Warehouse on 12/10, and opened it for Xmas. I found that it is a superior radio, and cannot wait to travel through Illinois on the way to Arkansas to visit friends. I haven't got the mobile bracket yet from Uniden, but am on "waiting list", and as soon as it comes in, will order one, along with a RAM mount I selected (insted of my earlier planned on AES MT-9 mount, which the jaws would not be large enough per specs). I've had radios that I've had to program, and find this one, even for someone like me who liked the GRE 500 and almost bought it, to be an excellent buy.

Re:Cook/Dupage counties 29 Dec 2010 09:44 #4142

• full moon
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Duke...Iam just worried about this delay scan issue I keep reading about....

Re:Cook/Dupage counties 21 Mar 2011 21:02 #5389

• BobD
  • ( Visitor )
I am in Chicago city and totally new to scanner business(as my name might suggest). I just bought HP-1 and so far i have only been able to listen to the local police dispatch /Fire comms. I was interested in EMS, and Ambulance-to-Hospital comms (thats my line of work on the hospital side). Sadly i haven't had any success with it. I have created favorite list for it but all i can hear is static. Played around with different combination of Squelch, Range, Atten on/off settings but nothing. I put HP-1 in my car and drove around but no success. Any ideas? Should i try a different antenna?

Let me know if this is not the right place.

BoB
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds