Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co

Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co 21 Oct 2014 23:26 #14396

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Safet has begun P25 testing in the Central Zone. The upgrade will change TGID's and UID's. The system will be changed over to the full digital system and no analog

Additionally Indy DPS is gaining more sites as Hamilton County joins the system. Testing and reprogramming of Hamilton County radios has begun.

With these changes there will be a huge plus as mutual aid between all involved will be much better, especially for Hamilton County users. Look for a full migration by Hamilton Co around the first of the year!

Re: Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co 30 Jan 2015 21:56 #14935

• kb9pfm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
ok i thought something was worng with my scanner things got quite all the sudden has the new updates came out yet

Re: Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co 30 Jan 2015 22:38 #14936

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Depends on which system you mean. There is a tiny bit on the SAFET P25 system and a bit on the Hamilton Co addition to IDPS system too. It appears now that Madison Co may be joining IDPS too which I find rather odd but that's what some are saying. I know they are to get a P25 system. At this point its hit and miss on the Hamilton Co switchover. Coverage is horrid at this point. Although last night while patched to IMPD I heard them loud and clear. As soon as the patch was dropped so did Carmel. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out!

Re: Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co 02 Feb 2015 22:09 #14953

• kb9pfm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
o great I think they are on edacs system sounds like this could take awhile

Re: Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co 02 Feb 2015 22:29 #14954

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Actually today's update will have Hamilton Co on IDPS system so update today and you will have the new system. Also Madison Co will come to the system this year as well. The Hamilton Co EDACS system will be shut off once all fire alerting is set up on the new system.

Re: Look for major changes SAFET and Indy/Hamilton Co 06 Feb 2015 22:46 #14978

• kb9pfm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
just down loaded updates the sound is garbbled not as clear as the old system seems like some talk groups are missing still don't hear chatter like I did before I guess if its not broke fix it anyway
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds