Crofton police
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crofton police

Crofton police 25 May 2011 13:10 #5971

• gimperlj
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if the Crofton, MD police (Anne Arundel County - Western District) operate on a unique freq. that I'm not picking up or if there is a distinct call sign for the Crofton police that I'm not aware of. Can anyone clue me in, please? Thanks much.

Re:Crofton police 25 May 2011 13:57 #5974

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
According to the Crofton PD, Crofton Police are dispatched through Anne Arundel County Police.

Re:Crofton police 25 May 2011 14:12 #5976

• gimperlj
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I thought that must be the case. But is there anyway to know what the call sign(s) might be? After listening for several months, I've not heard and reference to Crofton, only the call sign for the cruiser responding (e.g. 5Baker2, 1Adam6, etc.) Thanks again.

Re:Crofton police 25 May 2011 14:34 #5977

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
It looks like the county uses 4 dispatch centers (north, south, east, and, oddly enough, west). Not knowing where Crofton is in the county, I can't be much help, but it is likely dispatched from the center where Crofton is geographically located.

Might help to check out the database page:

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=187

Re:Crofton police 25 Oct 2011 12:08 #7918

• gimperlj
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
FYI -
Spoke with a Crofton Police Officer who indicated that the call sign for a Crofton officer is Robert (e.g. 5-Robert-1). Crofton is dispatched out of the Anne Arundel County Western Division. Usually Crofton rolls only 1 car during a shift but will roll more on the weekends, if needed. Not staffed 24/7
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds