Favorites List - Washtenaw County
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Favorites List - Washtenaw County

Favorites List - Washtenaw County 27 Jul 2014 18:59 #14137

• Pete Moss
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Location: Washtenaw County, Michigan. Sentinel software version 2.02 revision 4. Database dated 7/20/2014.
I created a favorites list from the sentinel software and loaded it to the radio. I've put in my favorites list Washtenaw county (81) sheriffs Department, metro dispatch and fire & rescue. When I activate the list, I get no traffic. Avoid is set to "off" for all channels. The atten is turned off. squelch is set to two bars. Range is 10 miles. I am about three miles from one of the main antennas for county communication. In January, there was a radio upgrade in our area.

When listening to the full data base, I do get traffic, not necessarily what I am trying to hear, but traffic none the less. Thinking I had an antennae issue, I connected the 800 MHz antennae from my pro 106 to the hp1.

Any ideas as to what I may be missing? Thus far I am not too impressed with this HP1. So much for plug & play.

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 30 Jul 2014 03:06 #14144

• DaveIN
  • ( Moderator )
If you can monitor traffic from the full database, then I suspect something is wrong with the favorite or it is not enabled in the HP-1.

Go back and retrace your steps. When you upload to the radio be sure the favorite is selected and not the full database.

You should also be able to use your zip code to verify that you are able to receive the departments you want to hear.

Also, here is the database information. You can see if it matches what you are attempting to listen to: www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1307#cid-2181
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2014 03:09 by DaveIN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete Moss

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 11 Aug 2014 10:43 #14189

• Acolar
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Pete,

Wondering if you found a resolution to your issue. I have a similar concern (Washtenaw County) - I am trying to monitor Saline PD comms and get no traffic either. Tried "avoid" for other signals and use Record mode and after a whole day get zero Saline PD traffic captured.

Tony

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 11 Aug 2014 11:12 #14190

• Acolar
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
My issue could be related to MPSCS rebanding which I just learned about. My database is old. I will update to the latest database and re-try.

MPSCS News Update — October 18, 2013

"Rebanding of MPSCS tower sites is expected to begin on October 22, 2013, and last into the first quarter of 2014. There are four teams of radio technicians that will changeover one tower each day, with an estimated down time of four hours per site. This activity will start in Zones 4, 5, and 6, then eventually move southward over the next few months."

Tony

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 12 Aug 2014 01:01 #14198

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Acolar wrote:
My issue could be related to MPSCS rebanding which I just learned about. My database is old. I will update to the latest database and re-try .... ony

Hi Tony,

Michigan is a fairly complex radio environment. Even so, I was able to prepare a small Favorites List for the Saline area in about 7 minutes. I am attempting to attach a zipped HPE file to this post. Unzip it to your desktop. Then in Sentinel, File>Import from HPE file>New Favorite List (pick a new name)>(on your desktop select) SalineMichiganTest.hpe (go back into Sentinel)>Home Patrol>Write to HomePatrol (leave both options unchecked).

Unhook the HP-1 from your computer and attempt to scan the new FL that you sent to the scanner. You might compare the results with what you have done previously. If there is any improvement, go back into Sentinel and study the new FL to determine any differences.

Good Luck!

File Attachment:

File Name: SalineMichiganTest.zip
File Size: 10 KB
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)
Last Edit: 12 Aug 2014 01:03 by rwier.

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 13 Aug 2014 10:05 #14207

• Acolar
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to create and send the zip file! I did update the data base to the latest and watched abunch of utube videos on HP1 and Sentinal and did prepare a new favorite list - but still not not able to hear Saline. I think part of my problem is that Saline is such a small juristiction with only a couple of cars on the road at any time that the radio traffic is minimal compared to the county sherrif and other departments making it difficult for me to monitor them. I will closely compare what you have sent to my list and look for differences.

Thanks

Tony
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds