Favorites List - Washtenaw County
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Favorites List - Washtenaw County

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 13 Aug 2014 19:58 #14210

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Acolar wrote:
Rob, ... I will closely compare what you have sent to my list and look for differences ...
Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony, I went back over the posts, and I don't believe "Service Types" were mentioned.

In the HP-1, Menu>Select Service Types>
Now you will see "Service Types" displayed in three colors
1) grayed out (no TGs, or Frequencies, matching what is programmed into loaded the FL)
2) bright white (available, but not being scanned)
3) highlighted yellow/orange (selected for scanning)

Make sure you turn on (select) any that match the TGs, or Frequencies, that you want to monitor/scan (you can see these in Sentinel). Or, just turn on (select) all that are bright white (for experimental purposes). You can turn off (deselect) any that are undesired later on.

Also, unless you are hesitant about loading a stranger's FL into the HP-1, you might also try that (I don't believe you specifically mentioned doing that), and compare those results to your own. Also, you might try checking all of your results outdoors, in case you are having an antenna/signal problem.

Good Luck,
Rob
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2014 20:00 by rwier.

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 14 Aug 2014 00:09 #14211

• Acolar
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Rob,

I took your .HPE file and loaded it into my HP1. Yes! I was able to receive my first Saline PD transmissions. Thanks!

I tried looking at the .HPE file I created in sentinel and yours - they are structured different. I have attached my and hope you maybe able to comment. I have a broadband dis cone antenna and know I have good reception capability. SO its either my sentinel programming or the low volume of traffic Saline PD which prevented me from hearing them in the past, I noticed after I loaded your file it only indicated 2 channels were loaded, both saline so I didn't have to try and AVOID the more active channels.

I'll look over your latest email on Types.

Thanks

Tony
Attachments:

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 14 Aug 2014 02:46 #14212

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Acolar wrote:
Rob, .................................... I have attached my and hope you maybe able to comment. ............ ..................., I noticed after I loaded your file it only indicated 2 channels were loaded................. I'll look over your latest email on Types. Tony

1) Your ZIP file is not in the proper format. If you convert an HPE file to a ZIP file, It will have the format "MyNewList.zip", not "MyNewList.hpe.zip".

2) Yes on Service Types. Make all the "bright white" ones "yellow and orange". Then it should load 80 - 100 channels. Let's make sure you can scan all of them before turning off Service Types or avoiding channels. There will eventually be other items to avoid, turn off, or remove from the FL. That will be a different subject to be addressed later.

3) Just a guess ahead of time: When you made your Favorite List ("MyNewList), did you do it by using ONLY the Database in Sentinel, and also using ONLY the "Append Favorites List..." option? Or did you, by chance, copy and paste ANYTHING, either from the Database in Sentinel or the Database in RR. I used ONLY the "Append Favorites List..." option in Sentinel, NOTHING else.

Don't be in a rush, once you get it, you will sing the praises of the HP-1 and the Sentinel Software. Pay no attention to the enormous number of negative comments as to the HP-1, and/or the Sentinel Software (mostly on the RR Forums). Nearly all of them are actually confessions of "pilot error", lol.
Used nearly every day:
Last Edit: 14 Aug 2014 03:42 by rwier.

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 14 Aug 2014 10:57 #14213

• Acolar
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Rob,

I have tried to rezip the file I used aand reattached it here.
I did use only Sentinel with Append, I did cut out many of counties in the MPSCS list.
I notice in your file when loaded into MP1 The System in the HP1 display stays on MPSCS all the time.
In my file the System display would go from MPSCS, to Washtenaw-AnnArbor County Government.
At least I am now able to hear Saline PD - when they do trasnmit which is very infrequent!
Thanks again for all your help.
Tony
Attachments:

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 14 Aug 2014 13:14 #14214

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Sounds like your's is working better than mine! Good Luck!
Used nearly every day:

Re: Favorites List - Washtenaw County 14 Aug 2014 13:48 #14215

• Acolar
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Only been able to hear them with your list.

Is there a good place to learn about Sentinel, editing, and building FL using Append?
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds