Any Michigan owners yet?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Any Michigan owners yet?

Re:Any Michigan owners yet? 22 Oct 2010 09:03 #2173

• almont2
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I got mine the other day and I have been playing around with it a bit and getting use to it. So far I am quiet impressed. I do have a few ideas though on modifications that may need to be made to radio reference to better enhance the use of the scanner and the database.

Re:Any Michigan owners yet? 22 Oct 2010 13:45 #2187

• Pollocko
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Good day Almont2. Received mine 3 weeks ago works great! Its a lot easier to update thanks to the on board database,then having to look up everthing and then load it to the scanner like my old radioshack pro96.Like they say up and running in 5 minutes.Really enjoying mine.If I may ask what modifications ideas do you have in mind? Just curious.Have fun and enjoy. By the way is your location Almont Mi.?

Re:Any Michigan owners yet? 24 Oct 2010 12:21 #2256

• almont2
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I used to live in Almont approx 10 years ago, but just stick with it kind of like a nickname. I have a few ideas that I would like to see made that would clean-up the rr.com database that would make it look better on the home patrol. I admit I am partially guilty for submitting some of the data that is on there and while they are valid frequencies and used, probably dont need to be listed. (i.e. when you look at Independence Twp in Oakland COunty and see the mutual aid channels to other agencies). I am hoping a moderator or admin for the michigan area will get back in touch with me soon so i can see what i can do to help.

Re:Any Michigan owners yet? 03 Nov 2010 18:17 #2727

• KD8ODJ
  • ( Visitor )
Hello fellow Michiganders!

My HP-1 arrived just a little over a week ago now and absolutely LOVE IT! I also own a BCD996XT which I've had for about a year. I enjoy listening more with the HP-1 due to the color screen (and full descriptions) plus the ease in changing up which service types to listen to. The "rugged-ness" look of the BCD996XT is perferred over the HP-1 but the ease of use and size of the HP-1 definitely makes up for it! I"m hoping down the road that Uniden comes out with a scanner the size/style of the 396XT but with a color full description screen and ease of use as the HP-1.

Scott

Re:Any Michigan owners yet? 25 Jul 2011 18:02 #6495

• joe c
  • ( Visitor )
Hi, is there any of you folks out there in Monroe county? If so, are you having any problems with the quality of the reception? I live about 3 miles from central dispatch and my reception is very broken up. Any help would be appreciated.

Re:Any Michigan owners yet? 25 Jul 2011 19:21 #6498

• hsstibel
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Broken up and garbled alot. And it aggravates me to no end. Howard
Last Edit: 25 Jul 2011 19:23 by hsstibel.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds