Newbie question regarding Detroit PD dispatch
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie question regarding Detroit PD dispatch

Newbie question regarding Detroit PD dispatch 21 May 2011 12:09 #5922

• mikestevens53
  • ( Visitor )
Hello,

I am very new to scanning, especially with the HP-1. I understand most of Oakland County has gone to a systemwide setup we cannot monitor, but isn't Wayne County, especially Detroit PD still available for us to hear? I entered my local zip code and it's in southern Oakland County so I assume I should be able to hear DPD, but nothing comes up when the HP-1 is scanning Wayne County. I know DPD is able to be heard since there are a number of internet sites that allow for monitoring DPD.

Do I have to manually enter the frequencies into the HP-1?

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Re:Newbie question regarding Detroit PD dispatch 22 May 2011 22:54 #5928

• almont2
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
yes most of Oakland County has went to a system that is not monitorable yet. DPD and FD are able to be monitored, but you have to be within range of one of detroitss towers. depending on where in southern oakland county you are. iam in the clawson area and its hit or miss on recieving detroit.

Re:Newbie question regarding Detroit PD dispatch 23 May 2011 18:15 #5938

• mikestevens53
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for the reply. I purchased Bu-Tel ARC-Patrol software to make loading the HP-1 easier. I just don't know which towers to load. I selected Trunked systems and I'm thinking Wayne County only. Do you agree?
Last Edit: 23 May 2011 18:16 by .

Re:Newbie question regarding Detroit PD dispatch 14 Aug 2011 09:20 #6783

• mikestevens53
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for the information. Do you know much about this antenna? http://www.scannerworld.com/content/product/model/ANT135BNC
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds