Well i guess i am the first person from Mississippi to post, so let me try to explain what is going on on my end! I live in Natchez, Mississippi (Adams county) zip 39120... I notice that my scanner is "NOT" receiving a few channels that is located in Radio Reference Database, let me show you what im talking about with this copy and paste
All Trunked Radio Systems in Adams County
System Name Type City
1)Adams County E-911 District LTR Passport Adams County
2)Advanced Wireless Network (Natchez) LTR Standard Natchez
3)Entergy Mississippi/Tennessee Motorola Type II SmartZone Jackson
4)Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN) Project 25 Phase I (FDMA) Jackson
5)Southern Company LINC 800 MHz (Mississippi) iDEN Standard Various
6)Tower Communications (Natchez) LTR Standard Natchez
The only one that is showing up on my scanner is "Entergy Mississippi/Tennessee" when scanning!
I was looking forward to hearing my Mississippi Highway patrol along with many others that are listed in these groups! Thanks
1) That is an LTR Passport system, and cannot be trunktracked, so will not be loaded.
2) There are no channels identified for that system, so there is nothing identifiable to scan, so it will not be loaded.
3) All channels on that system are in the "Utilities" service. If you turn on the Utilities service type, it will be loaded and scanned.
4) The location data for this statewide system is missing from the base data. I've submitted a request to have this added. If this request is worked today, then tomorrow's update will include autoselection for this system. Until then, you could manually select channels and place them in a Favorites List w/Location Control turned off.
5) iDEN systems cannot be monitored, so this system will not be loaded.
6) There are no channels identified for that system, so there is nothing identifiable to scan, so it will not be loaded.
Thats ok! Thanks for all your help and putting in a request for that! That will help me out alot! Yeah i kinda figured by reading and have been told that it will not be able to pick up LTR passport systems! Again thanks for your help!