Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding

Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding 05 Oct 2010 20:02 #828

• PirateDXer
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I was wondering how the Home Patrol scanner will handle the 800 MHz re-banding of the public safety frequencies when it finally comes to pass.

Re:Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding 06 Oct 2010 01:08 #862

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Yes, many systems have already been rebanded, and they are working. No one is going to sell a scanner now that can't handle rebanding, it wouldn't be a good business practice.

Re:Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding 25 Dec 2010 19:02 #4010

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
My local system(s) were 'rebanded' a couple of weeks ago. RR.com had the info and the HP-1 performed flawlessly. I was also able to use the same info to update both my BCD996T and my XT. However, my 796 had to be retired as a result since while the firmware upgrade allows the correct band plan, it still won't "tune" 700 MHz channels, too bad, I liked that scanner but sometimes the manufacturer just can't anticipate all the changes that come about.
Fortunately, with the HP-1 we have a New scanner that should be good for a number of years in the future until technology again leaves us behind.

LEP

Re:Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding 26 Oct 2011 00:09 #7926

• Ron65252
  • ( Visitor )
I have a home patrol that I have been very happy with until now. Sacramento rebanded to the 800mhz and now I can't pick up police or sheriff, anyone got an answer for that?? I did update firmware and sentinel.

Re:Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding 26 Oct 2011 05:27 #7927

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I notice you publish this comment TWICE, once here inthe Nebraska section and again under California.

I assume your comment relates to Sacramento, CA and that you are trying to monitor SRRCS where "rebanidng" was completed on October 18, 2011 according to RR.com.

Since it is listed as a P25 MOT Smart zone, there should be no problem once you have updated the data with a download of the October 24th data from the Uniden mirror site and written this data to your HP-1. Don't forget to WRITE to the HP-1 after your download and to SCAN your new Favorites list.

Re:Home Patrol and 800 MHz Rebanding 26 Oct 2011 19:52 #7931

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
I also used the HP in Wisconsin, and Waukesha county
trunking public safety repeaters programmed okay
originally in it. Then, I found out they rebanded.
When I next headed down, after a reloading of a
new database, the rebanded frequencies came down
loud and clear! No problems with HP and rebanding.
DUKE WB9OJD
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds