updates not being processes on RR
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: updates not being processes on RR

updates not being processes on RR 10 Oct 2010 16:12 #1239

• jweek
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
not sure what's going on with the nevada rr admin, but I see there are 275 pending updates including a couple I submitted.

this is the latest one I submitted:

reno airport is currently shown as 40 45 00.64 -119 37 34.71, however it is located at 39 30 02.52 -119 45 46.50

UPman, can you at least update the hpdb with the above info? This isn't working out so well without updates being processed on RR and flowed to hpdb.

thanks,

John

Re:updates not being processes on RR 10 Oct 2010 17:10 #1243

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The system was inheriting the county coordinates (no info had been set specifically for the airport). I updated the ground operation groups with location / range specific to the airport. I've not updated air traffic or similar groups, as more information is needed for the appropriate operating range.

Note that a "good" location submission needs to include a range in addition to latitude/longitude. The location I entered aren't exactly what you provided...I selected a location and range that described a circle that encompasses the airport properties.

Re:updates not being processes on RR 10 Oct 2010 18:06 #1248

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
As of now, there's 279 updates with 229 owned by various admins and 50 unowned submissions.

This is for the entire database not just Nevada.

Nevada seems to be pretty up to date.

What webpage showed the NV admin was so far behind? I'm kind of curious since I can't find that information anywhere.
Last Edit: 10 Oct 2010 18:21 by mikeoxlong.

Re:updates not being processes on RR 10 Oct 2010 23:40 #1279

• jweek
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
UPMan wrote:
The system was inheriting the county coordinates (no info had been set specifically for the airport). I updated the ground operation groups with location / range specific to the airport. I've not updated air traffic or similar groups, as more information is needed for the appropriate operating range.

Note that a "good" location submission needs to include a range in addition to latitude/longitude. The location I entered aren't exactly what you provided...I selected a location and range that described a circle that encompasses the airport properties.

the county coordinates were simply set at the geo-center, not even close to the airport location.

I provided the location of the airport and do not know how to know the range...this type of support does not help us new users that spent many of our hard earned dollars on the radio.

Re:updates not being processes on RR 10 Oct 2010 23:53 #1284

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Range can be anything from 0 to whatever. Usually based on jurisdictional boundaries, or, as in the case of an airport it could be .5 miles or 100 miles. Range for a county could be set up (usually is) 1/2 the longest dimension so if a county is 32 miles one direction and 40 the other the range would be 20miles and the range ring would cover the whole county.

Re:updates not being processes on RR 11 Oct 2010 07:43 #1306

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
See the blog entry regarding helping to submit information to improve the database: Getting Better Every Day!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds