database error?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: database error?

database error? 30 Sep 2010 16:38 #458

• jweek
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just got my HP-1. I'm in zip 89502, followed the instructions, updated the firmware and database, currently have fw 1.02, db ver 09/28/2010.

When it starts scanning, it stops on Nevada>Sierra College (Nevada County Campus)>Sierra College Police Dispatch
Law Dispatch 860.9625 and plays a buzzing sound (attached).

I tell it to avoid this channel, but don't get any fire/police/etc.

I'm new to the scanner game and the best I can figure out is that this is the entry giving me trouble. The lat/long are 38.79294,-121.21356 yet they show up as 39 24'08.08, 120 35'09.38 in the database and is listed as FM. This location is about 90 miles away on the other side of the Sierra Nevada mountains.

The Nevada Shared Radio Systemalso uses this frequency on it's Red Peak repeater which is a EDACS system.

Is the error in the database causing my problem?

Thanks,

John:(

File Attachment:

File Name: 2010_09_30_14_17_40.zip
File Size: 76867
Last Edit: 30 Sep 2010 16:39 by jweek. Reason: had to zip audio file so it would attach....

Re:database error? 30 Sep 2010 17:14 #461

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
That noise is a control channel...probably from that EDACS system. I'm surprised that it would be re-used for another channel, but avoiding it is the right thing to do.

Looking at the Washau county area, its police and fire main dispatch are on the Nevada Shared Radio System (www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=706). The bad news is that that system has not yet been tagged in the database with locations, so HP-1 cannot automatically select channels from it (I'm going to escalate this with the admin for that area so that it can be fixed, soon). The good news is that there is a workaround for "in the meantime."

This is most easily done using Sentinel on the PC, but what you want to do is create a Favorites List, add those channels you want to hear to the favorites list, set the list to not use location control, then load it into HP-1 and monitor using that list.

Meanwhile, I'll try to get it set up so that automatic selection works after next Monday (at least for your area) after the weekly dB update is released (around 9 am Central).

Re:database error? 30 Sep 2010 17:40 #464

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
And, an update to this:

I have added location info for the repeater you are receiving and have also added location info for the Reno / Sparks / Washau County area. Unfortunately, I didn't finish before the 5pm cutoff, so I can't get the update pushed out tonight. I'll try to run the update tomorrow, so around 9am Saturday morning there will be a new dB version that will autoselect a little better for Washau.

Re:database error? 30 Sep 2010 17:42 #465

• jweek
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
This is most easily done using Sentinel on the PC, but what you want to do is create a Favorites List, add those channels you want to hear to the favorites list, set the list to not use location control, then load it into HP-1 and monitor using that list.

that works, thanks for the help and I look forward to the updates!

John

Re:database error? 30 Sep 2010 22:22 #476

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
whoops.... never mind...you can delete this one :S
Last Edit: 30 Sep 2010 22:27 by John.

Re:database error? 02 Oct 2010 11:21 #553

• jweek
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
UPMan wrote:
And, an update to this:

I have added location info for the repeater you are receiving and have also added location info for the Reno / Sparks / Washau County area. Unfortunately, I didn't finish before the 5pm cutoff, so I can't get the update pushed out tonight. I'll try to run the update tomorrow, so around 9am Saturday morning there will be a new dB version that will autoselect a little better for Washau.

Ok, updated the HPDB - working better now, thanks.
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2010 15:58 by jweek.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds