database error?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: database error?

Re:database error? 13 Oct 2010 12:01 #1452

• Sigint1
  • ( Visitor )
UPMan wrote:
Looking at the Washau county area, its police and fire main dispatch are on the Nevada Shared Radio System (www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=706). The bad news is that that system has not yet been tagged in the database with locations, so HP-1 cannot automatically select channels from it (I'm going to escalate this with the admin for that area so that it can be fixed, soon). The good news is that there is a workaround for "in the meantime."

Just to let you know almost all agencies (15 plus) in the Reno/Sparks area including Nevada Highway patrol, are on the WASHOE (not Washau) county EDACS system not on the Nevada Shared Radio System (NSRS). The NSRS database erroneously lists the Washoe County System as a site for the NSRS. Reno Sparks Metro operations are simulcast from two transmitters, Red Peak and Peavine Mountain, the FCC license for this part of the system is WPUF-364. Other associated licenses for various locations in the county are WPRX-309, WPRX-312, and WPRX-313

Re:database error? 13 Oct 2010 16:53 #1481

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Ok. The Washoe county system only had a 25-mile radius, which didn't come close to encompassing the entire county. I updated the default location to a more realistic number (about 107 miles). Check it out tomorrow.

Re:database error? 12 Aug 2011 22:48 #6778

• Sigint1
  • ( Visitor )
Ok even though I posted above about ten months ago I just got a HP1 delivered today and have my key for the early upgrade!! - observations:

first - unit had no volume except for screen button beeps - after about an hour of trying to get noise I actually picked it up to repack it and send it in - when I picked it up I put pressure on the power cord and it pushed it a little more that it had been - lo and behold - noise !! - will see if it holds up.

loaded my location in by Lat/Lon (Reno NV) - it loaded up and I started receiving traffic - then noticed that the the WASHOE COUNTY System was locked in on the Chimney peak Repeater - this repeater is close to the NV/CA border about 15 miles west of Reno. Now I admit I am not used to this thing but on checking the sites on the system it is telling me that the METRO repeater site is out of range ( I can walk out my front door and see the towers - I am just west of downtown Reno.) OK - more explorng - I finally got into the data base and I think I see the problem - all the coordinates are roughly 40n by 19w - Chimney peak, Fox Mountain, and Marble Bluff all have a range of 106.9 _ My HP1 shows all three as within range - all the others are shown as not in range - all the others are 25 - the coordinates are up in the center of washoe county way to the north of Reno - - The metro Simulcast is the main repeater on this system - it is simlucast from peavine Mountain and Red Peak repeaters just north of the Reno metro area. OK So NOW - I am assuming the database cannot be edited by users - so is the the right place to bring this to someones attention - If not I apologize but I think this needs to be corrected - the majority of the population in Washoe county is Reno/sparks metro area and south - so can this problem be fixed ? - Most every agency in the Reno area is on the Washoe system and most of the traffic is on this set of metro repeaters. I will be the first to admit that my observations made here is after playing with the HP1 for only a few hours and I am sure I have much to learn so if I am off on a wild tangent please don't hesitate to steer me straight I haave yet to try to program a favorite list but from what I briefly saw you still pull stuff from the database so I think the problem would still be there - thanks for your time and any advice you care to give - joe king - Reno NV
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds